best choice of profile images

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
opensourcejunkie

best choice of profile images

Post by opensourcejunkie »

Hey, I'm updating my campaign's profile images from the good 'ole 1.4 days, and I have a question about good form. In the long run, if I have a transparent image in the normal profiles folder (e.g. portraits/humans/peasant.png), and a comparable transparent image in the transparent folder (e.g. portraits/humans/transparent/peasant.png), which would be better to use?

In other words, is the "transparent" folder only a temporary housing for clear images that will be removed once all images have gone transparent, or will we have both a transparent copy, and a black-background copy throughout the rest of the foreseeable future? Thanks for clearing this up for me (i.e. making it transparent ;-),
--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
DEATH_is_undead

Re: best choice of profile images

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

opensourcejunkie wrote:Hey, I'm updating my campaign's profile images from the good 'ole 1.4 days, and I have a question about good form. In the long run, if I have a transparent image in the normal profiles folder (e.g. portraits/humans/peasant.png), and a comparable transparent image in the transparent folder (e.g. portraits/humans/transparent/peasant.png), which would be better to use?

In other words, is the "transparent" folder only a temporary housing for clear images that will be removed once all images have gone transparent, or will we have both a transparent copy, and a black-background copy throughout the rest of the foreseeable future? Thanks for clearing this up for me (i.e. making it transparent ;-),
--OSJ
If I remember correctly, ones for the description and ones for the messages.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

aah, okay awesome. So then the transparent/ folder is here to stay.

tx,
--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I had wondered the same thing, others had questions about it as well:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24558

The big images don't have to be in the 'transparent' folder unless you want to retain the little ones for the help menu.