The War of Terrador: RIP

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragonchampion

Re: Armies Of The Future!

Post by Dragonchampion »

I have, and there are no errors, I think. The Mods may need to check this, but all of the images show up for me, and the coding is good.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Dragonchampion wrote:I have, and there are no errors, I think. The Mods may need to check this, but all of the images show up for me, and the coding is good.
? I will bet that there is a user era involved here somewhere, so I don't think it's anything that would be an issue on Wesnoth's end.

I downloaded the files you posted, the era does not even show up as a choice for me.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hmmmm....

What could be the reason for this, Turuk? Did you take the War_of_Terrador_Era.cfg and put it in next to the folder? That could be the reason. If you are insulted by this because of the sheer simplicity, I apologize.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Meh, no it's fine, I'm just not used to having the files on the outside like that, I didn't drag it over.

No images for me either, though looking at some of your WML, it's a bit different than most eras. I would suggest you compare yours to existing eras...
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Here is 0.8. I Think I fixed the images. Test it and see.
Attachments
War of Terrador.zip
(174.73 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Nope, I still see no images.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Same here. Check the name of the pictures and compare with the name in the Code.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I beleive you problem is that you have "userdata/data/campaigns/The_War_of_Terrador/images/Commander.png" when you should just have "Commander.png". It automatically goes to the image folder. So if you had all of your unit's sprite in a folder named units in the images folder it would be "units/Commander.png" Hope that helps
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I did not bother to look through the WML, but if that is the case, that will fix the problem and images will appear.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Thank you, oh great ones!

LOL, If I was a mage... You would be a Great Mage.

And here is..... 0.9!
Attachments
TWOT 0.9.zip
(179.38 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Dragonchampion

Re: The War For Terrador!

Post by Dragonchampion »

I have finally finished ALL of the Terrador units! I am now working on attacks, but for now... 1.0!!!!!

NOTE: The Zederians have only a few completed units.

BTW, whichever mod changed the name of this thread, thanks.
Attachments
TWOT 1.0.zip
(204.2 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Dragonchampion wrote:BTW, whichever mod changed the name of this thread, thanks.
Flameslash did.
Last edited by Flameslash on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For future reference, any user can change the title of their thread by editing their first post and changing the title there.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Can any of you tell me why my Medic cannot level up? I've checked and double checked the code, but it isn't correct, for some reason.

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

advances_to=Battlefield Medic in the Medic.cfg

id=Battlefield_Medic in Battlefield_Medic.cfg

Take out the _ and make it Battlefield Medic.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Thanks- it works! Until Flame finishes the Zederian units, I will balance the Terrador units.