The War of Terrador: RIP

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Flameslash

Re: Armies Of The Future!

Post by Flameslash »

Some new units without art are ready. All credit to Dragon Champion. He will have to post it, though
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Here are the units, but they do not have sprites, and they are nothing but their "skeletal" unbalanced versions. They also cannot be used to play with, so don't try. These are just for looks so you can see how they will be made.
Attachments
The War of Terrador.zip
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

I have finished coding the main faction of the era: the Terrador! If you don't mind no artwork yet, download and play with them!

:!: :idea: NOTE: This Era is tested only with 1.6. :idea: :!:

If you like it, pester Flameslash about the pics! LOL. :wink:
Attachments
The_War_of_Terrador.zip
(20.49 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I got an error when my Recruit leveled up, also, fire resistance is too high.

Now for the Alien Plan...

The Aliens are the arch enemy of the Terrador, for their worlds are being damaged by Civil Wars, and the fact that they are very power-hungry. Their technology is a bit more Advanced than the Terrador's, and they outnumber the Terrador. In any other case, they would be certain winners, but the Terrador are somehow holding them back. Their are 3 types of Alien, Humanoid, Ripper Beast and a Creature which has never been seen by anyone still alive (Campaign I'm planning).

Code: Select all

Alien Swarmer - Alien Soldier - Alien Veteran - Alien Battle Lord
                                                - Alien Spec Ops - Alien Champion

Alien Rallyer -  Alien Commander - Alien Supreme 

Ripper Beast - Alien  Rider - Alien Knight
                      - Alien Rampager 

AT-1 Tank - ATA-2 Tank - SATA-3 Tank (Anti Terrador, Advanced, Supreme)

Alien Healer - Alien Blessed - Alien Savior

Alien Suicide Recruit

Alien Swarmer

The Aliens main army contains many Swarmers, minors that serve the Purpose of overwhelming the Terrador Military. They have received little to no training, so they aren't very accurate shots, meaning that they rely of numbers even more than the Terrador Recruits. Most Swarmers are only Alien Children, thrown into the Military without a second thought and equipped with only the most basic Plasma Pistols and Knives.

Attacks

Plasma Pistol Pierce 3-2 Ranged
Plasma Knife Blade 4-1 Melee
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Code: Select all

[unit_type]
    id=Alien Swarmer
    name= _ "Alien Swarmer"
    race=alien
    image="userdata/data/campaigns/The War of Terrador/unitpics/Alien Swarmer.png"
    profile="userdata/data/campaigns/The War of Terrador/unitpics/Alien Swarmer.png"
    {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}
    hitpoints=12
    movement_type=smallfoot
    movement=5
    experience=12
    level=0
    alignment=neutral
    advances_to=Alien Soldier
    {AMLA_DEFAULT}
    cost=3
    usage=fighter
    description= _ "The Aliens main army contains many Swarmers, minors that serve the Purpose of overwhelming the Terrador Military. They have received little to no training, so they aren't very accurate shots, meaning that they rely of numbers even more than the Terrador Recruits. Most Swarmers are only Alien Children, thrown into the Military without a second thought and equipped with only the most basic Plasma Pistols and Knives."
    die_sound={SOUND_LIST:HUMAN_DIE}
	    [attack]
        name=Rifle
        description=_"Plasma Pistol"
        icon=
        type=pierce
        range=melee
        damage=3
        number=2
    [/attack]
[/unit_type]
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

NO PLASMA WEAPONS! I will manage coding, so you worry about images- we need them ASAP. I will work on the newest faction- the Zaderians. Also, looking back, I see you included knives in the description. Where is the knife attack?

Flameslash, The plasma weapons CANNOT be used. I know Halo is one of your inspirations, but if you use them, it will be dangerously close to a copyright violation.

All in all, if you let ME do the coding and you stick with the sprites, you won't have to worry about any copyright infringements- I get all my stuff from my head.
Last edited by Dragonchampion on March 30th, 2009, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Okay, I have added three unit sprites in with this update: the Soldier, the Shotgunner, and the Captain.
Go ahead and try; Zaderians are coming as another faction soon.

EDIT: Ooops! 4got the attachment!
Attachments
The_War_of_Terrador.zip
(33.1 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Version 0.5 is out! The Zederian are now a playable faction. The Zederians are human separatists that have fought the Terradorian forces since they left Earth.

Note that I made them HUMAN, to avoid any major similarities to Halo (other than the similar suits). I plan to make another faction, this one based on human mercenaries.

EDIT: Looking back, I see that two factions are enough for now. I'm going to focus on balancing until Flameslash and Woodmouse make some sprites for the game.
Attachments
The_War_of_Terrador.zip
(45.6 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

You have also missed a closing tag for the Zerdian Wasp Fighter. Fix it.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

I have gotten so bored of waiting around of Flameslash to make the pics that I have created the Commander from the Captain sprite. He has feathers coming from his helm, and his lights are blue.

On the next release, the Commander and Fleet Commander will be added, and the Wasp Fighter will be fixed.
Attachments
Commander.png
Commander.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 2882 times

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

The Zerdians made a Faction? The units are there, but not the faction. The new pictures don't appear either, wrong names. The whole Captain line is overpowered, too high resistances.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

I fixed that in this update: 0.7!
Attachments
War of Terrador.zip
(72.47 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Still no pictures.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Flameslash wrote:Still no pictures.

What? They work fine with my 1.6. Maybe a problem on ur end? Does any1 else have this trouble?

Wait... What OS are you using? My 95 won't show the pics. Or maybe you just aren't PLAYING the game? The only units that I have finished are mostly recruitable units. the only unit that is seeable on the lobby screen is the Fleet Commander.

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Not for me. Check the code and the name of the Picture. That might be it.