Request For Simple Dwarves

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
AT

opinion

Post by AT »

Need an opinion on the Steelclad With Hammer Attack Frame.
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Blurrisimo.
AT

ya, thought so.

Post by AT »

Ya, that what I thought, too. :(
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Did you just enlarge the level 1 hammer or create a whole new bigger one? I suspect the first.
AT

first

Post by AT »

Ya, the first.

Here is a redone hammer ( thats very similar) that looks pretty good in-game ( i got the timing perfect!) but I still don't really like.
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Post by Ayin »

Hop
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Post by Ayin »

Some seem to think the hammer does look like an axe... Well, and how does this one look ?
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

The last one is the best but it still looks like an axe. The proportion are somewhat wrong. The shaft should be wider while the hammerhead should be less wide.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Here is my beef with this (and with a number of the elves too).

Where does his hammer come from?

{Side note: The mere fact of his having a hammer impinges on the existence of the runemasters, which of course bugs me, since I put a damn lot of work into those guys. I would be happier with this guy having a ranged impact attack because of this. If I had not put so much time into making the runemaster, I would not care. Not like I haven't thrown away work before, but very little of what I have done has actually made it into the game, thus far. And I feel that it has nothing to do with the quality of my work (exception being early attempts at unit portraits).}

So, runemaster biz. notwithstanding, I would feel much more comfortable if this guy, in his standing frame, looked to have a hammer slung on his back. And if, when he attacks with the hammer, his axe goes somewhere.

Elves, not so much the higher level archers, but very much the low level archers and all the fighters have this same problem of appearing/disappearing weapons. I think they would look better with bows slung on their backs. There is already support for units having different defend frames for different weapons, and this would contribute, as the unit would look like it removes the weapon from its back once, and then defends with it during the fight, and replaces it at the end.
AT

runemaster

Post by AT »

I'm trying to get the Runemaster tree implemented now (to avoid dissapearing weapons). Jetryl, could you repost the final versions of everything? Or a link to it? I'm not sure which ones were final, which were not.
Jetrel

Re: runemaster

Post by Jetrel »

AT wrote:I'm trying to get the Runemaster tree implemented now (to avoid dissapearing weapons). Jetryl, could you repost the final versions of everything? Or a link to it? I'm not sure which ones were final, which were not.
Wow, thanks.. Here's the other deal. I would like to see the dwarven fighter get a ranged attack. Either a thrown axe, or a thrown hammer, but it would help his transition to level-3, and would allow them to do something against an enemy which overpowers them in melee (skelton warrior, for example).
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I don't think this excludes the runemaster tree being implemented.

I think the main reason the runemaster tree hasn't been implemented is afaik we haven't had a clear proposal with a list of stats and images. If someone does that, then we'll review it.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming