Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

turin wrote:Strange! So this first appeared at the beginning of the "To Arendia" scenario? I'll see if there's something in that or the previous scenario to cause it...
FYI, the recall list-multiplying bug occurs for me at the start of "To Arendia" as well, using 1.3.12+svn 22174. If savegames would be handy, let me know.
Author of Wercator
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I think this recall-list screwing up has happened in multiple campaigns. Does anyone know how it was fixed in the other ones (I know The South Guard was at one point affected)? I don't want to have to debug it all over again why someone already knows the answer.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Zoltic
Translator

Post by Zoltic »

I had same kind of problem of duplicate units in recall list with Invasion from the Unknown. All the units not 'used' in a scenario was twice in the next.
Shadow Master fixed it. Maybe you can ask him.
tillea

Campaign: Fall of Silvium: Error in Wesnoth 1.5.6

Post by tillea »

Hi,

I'm using the Debian packaged version of Wesnoth 1.5.6. The attached savegame produces the following
output on console once you press "End turn":

Code: Select all

Invalid WML found: Usage of 'advanceto' is deprecated; support for this will be removed in 1.5.6. (use 'advances_to' instead) (98)
20081222 15:20:56 error engine: unit of type  not found!
20081222 15:20:56 error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type '' while generating traits
Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
FoS-Down_the_Silvia_River_Runde_1x.gz
Just press end turn to reproduce the problem in Wesnoth 1.5.6.
(19.8 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
ramses66

Re: Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Post by ramses66 »

I'm encountering a bug playing version 0.4.2 (01-16-08) in Wesnoth 1.5.8. In the scenario 3_Down_the_Silvia_River I can't progress beyond my first turn, after ending my turn the screen centers on the enemy's keep and the following error pops up:

"Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type " while generating traits"

(with version 0.17.6 of the Imperial Era installed)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

This will be fixed... eventually. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the problem is yet (the WML looks reasonable enough) and I don't have a whole lot of time to search for the bug. :(
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Looks suspicious to me:

recruit=Marauder Warior,Marauder Scout,Marauder Crusher,Marauder Axeman,Marauder Boatsman
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

That's not what the WML looks like in my home copy; maybe I just never released a fixed version... though I thought I had done so... dangnabbit.

Well, whatever, I'm gonna have to play through FoS and make some major changes soon anyway, I'll release a version with this fix and more as soon as I get a chance.
The World of Orbivm
theruler

Post by theruler »

Hi turin, first of all I want to congratulate with you for your Imperial era and the Fall of Silvium campaign... The one I am playing right now.
My Brother does not like fantasy world at all, but it is an ancient roman history addicted...
So, YOU have the merit to have brought to Wesnoth's world my little bro.
Good job! in both means!

I have a question..
I've just downloaded the new 1.6 rc1 build of BfW, and your modules are not yet listed.

Could it be due to this change?:
* Disallow uploading of add-ons with no title, type, author, version or
description specified and warn about invalid versions

When do you plan to fix it?

cheers.
Chuck Norris' watch displays only an hour. Yours.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

theruler wrote:I have a question..
I've just downloaded the new 1.6 rc1 build of BfW, and your modules are not yet listed.

Could it be due to this change?:
* Disallow uploading of add-ons with no title, type, author, version or
description specified and warn about invalid versions
The add-on server was wiped to prepare for 1.6 and to make sure all add-ons to follow the new rules set in place. Many of the authors who had their content on 1.5x previously are still in the process of uploading it, and turin has just not had the chance to do so yet. Per this conversation on the Orbivm forums, you will note that it will all be out by Saturday.

*Turuk is n ur forum, watchin' ur boardz.*
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Yeah, everything'll be back up by Saturday; I'd have had it up already except freakin' school firewalls blocking the ports the add-on server uses... :evil:
The World of Orbivm
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

Oi'

I added on the campaign last week and am playing 1.4 wesnoth.

In the Second scenario, the Boatmen's action graphic does about 18 little jigs at the start of there first action and at the end of the action.

stillcen
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

stillcen wrote:In the Second scenario, the Boatmen's action graphic does about 18 little jigs at the start of there first action and at the end of the action.
Hm.. could you describe "about 18 little jigs" a bit more specifically? The unit does have rather complex animations, and I wouldn't be surprised if something went wrong... but the animations look fine on my installation.
The World of Orbivm
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

by little jig i mean- the character drops the boat off of his head, down his back and raises and ax over his head, then it goes back to the boat on the head and starts over.

What else could i tell you to figure out what is amiss.

i am using windows XP.

when i reloaded a saved game, the dancing continued.

i tried turing off "show battle" or is it "show fighting" and the jiggs stayed, just nada in the middle.

Let me know if there is any thing else i can do to help

stillcen
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

So, is this the right sequence of events?:
* He drops boat from shoulders, it lands on ground
* It goes back to him having boat on shoulders
* It shows him attacking enemy, not carrying boat; boat is lying on ground in hex
* Combat proceeds as normal
* After combat, it shows him with boat on shoulders for a split second
* It shows him picking up the boat

In other words, the only anomalous events are it showing him holding the boat in between him dropping it and him attacking?

If so, that is indeed "intended behavior", insofar as it's the best we can do with the tools we have...
The World of Orbivm