How to install addons manually, mac client

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
heretic63

How to install addons manually, mac client

Post by heretic63 »

Hi! First post, been playing the game for about a week. Love it, but there's something I haven't been able to address on my own, and hasn't been answered in the forums (to the best of my searching ability). On the mac version of wesnoth, how do I manually install addons downloaded from http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html? I'm sure it has something to do with dropping them in /user/library/wesnoth but I don't find the file structure too obvious...

Additionally, once the addons are installed, how do I play them? I figure that the multiplayer maps would appear with the others, but do the user campaigns appear alongside the mainline ones? I ask because I downloaded several addons through the in game interface, but can't find them anywhere. Puzzling! :hmm:

Attached pic is of directory structure, where do I put the unzipped folders?
Attachments
screen-capture.png
screen-capture.png (14.87 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: How to install addons manually, mac client

Post by Soliton »

heretic63 wrote:Attached pic is of directory structure, where do I put the unzipped folders?
Put them under data/campaigns/.

Campaigns will appear in the campaign menu and multiplayer content will appear somewhere in the create game dialog. If you mention a specific addon you have trouble with someone might be able to help you further.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Just dropping them in is not enough, you'll have to *extract* them into data/campaigns
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

AI wrote:Just dropping them in is not enough, you'll have to *extract* them into data/campaigns
On a mac, as long as the folders are unzipped like he said he did, dragging and dropping will work just fine.
heretic63 wrote:I ask because I downloaded several addons through the in game interface, but can't find them anywhere.

I'm more interested in how you are having problems with them showing up in this fashion. Does it display a completed download screen?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Turuk wrote:
AI wrote:Just dropping them in is not enough, you'll have to *extract* them into data/campaigns
On a mac, as long as the folders are unzipped like he said he did, dragging and dropping will work just fine.
Right, I missed that word.
heretic63 wrote:I ask because I downloaded several addons through the in game interface, but can't find them anywhere.

I'm more interested in how you are having problems with them showing up in this fashion. Does it display a completed download screen?
Or, maybe what you downloaded wasn't a campaign or multiplayer map but an era?

Try downloading "Invasion from the Unknown" and see if it shows up in the campaigns list.
heretic63

Post by heretic63 »

AI wrote:Or, maybe what you downloaded wasn't a campaign or multiplayer map but an era?

Try downloading "Invasion from the Unknown" and see if it shows up in the campaigns list.
Eureka! Looks like I was downloading less visible things. Invasion from the unknown shows up in the campaign list without a hitch. Same goes for extracting the addons into the campaigns directory. This is great - there's like 30 campaigns in there now!

Fantastic. Thanks for the help.