Re: Art for Descendant of the dragon

Post by mnewton1 »

This is what I mean
headcutter.png
headcutter.png (2.12 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
But I also made this for no good reason
headcutter1.png
headcutter1.png (2.06 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

But now I see he is resting it on he shoulder. To make it more realistic you should maybe make the axe shorter or else it would be to heavy and hurt the arm. I hope I am helpful and not annoying :mrgreen:
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

No youre not annoying youre just critisizing thus making the sprite look better,keep up the good work.
Well if you changed the facing of the axehead you could even make the axe shorter...man but those sprites dont look too good...and is anyone else interested in this faction or only the two of us?
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

You'd probably need to hone it quite a lot to arise interest in public. Most of the sprites I can see here are still somewhat far from mainline/close to mainline quality, but you'll just have to practice :/

That, and make the actual faction interesting with a good campaign, era, or something similar. I mean the art's not too bad, at least these guys are somewhat shaded and are vaguely the same size, which is better than some artwork that's been floating around the forums.
For the dark gods!
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Samurai
Girgistian wrote:You'd probably need to hone it quite a lot to arise interest in public. Most of the sprites I can see here are still somewhat far from mainline/close to mainline quality, but you'll just have to practice :/

That, and make the actual faction interesting with a good campaign, era, or something similar. I mean the art's not too bad, at least these guys are somewhat shaded and are vaguely the same size, which is better than some artwork that's been floating around the forums.
Dont worry they are only first sketches Ill work on them more after I make the whole faction so stay tuned.
Attachments
realsamurai.png
realsamurai.png (2.71 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

You should make his armor Team Color. I also looks like his armor is made if cloth. I believe it is metal but i know it is not cloth.
A samurai's main weapon is a katana so i think that he should hold it and have the bow on his back
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

bonehead11 wrote:Dont worry they are only first sketches Ill work on them more after I make the whole faction so stay tuned
Girgistian passed on some valid advice, there is no need to be dismayed that no one has commented yet. It just means you are very average, as people only care to comment on work that is very good or could be good... or they go the other route and comment on it if it is horrible.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

I also looks like his armor is made if cloth. I believe it is metal but i know it is not cloth.
A samurai's main weapon is a katana so i think that he should hold it and have the bow on his back
On that armor I will work later when the faction is done and about that weapon I have to disagree...Samurai were known as archers more than swordsman, thier swordsman skill was developed in later period about 16-17 century now im now quite sure...and I readed that when they went to battle they used tanto-dagger more often than katana.
Turuk wrote:
bonehead11 wrote:Dont worry they are only first sketches Ill work on them more after I make the whole faction so stay tuned
Girgistian passed on some valid advice, there is no need to be dismayed that no one has commented yet. It just means you are very average, as people only care to comment on work that is very good or could be good... or they go the other route and comment on it if it is horrible.
So mine art is bad...oh well...I will try to make them better.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

bonehead11 wrote:
I also looks like his armor is made if cloth. I believe it is metal but i know it is not cloth.
On that armor I will work later when the faction is done and about that weapon I have to disagree...Samurai were known as archers more than swordsman, thier swordsman skill was developed in later period about 16-17 century now im now quite sure...and I readed that when they went to battle they used tanto-dagger more often than katana.
ok then

So mine art is bad...oh well...I will try to make them better.
Then that means my art is so terrible that it would burn your eyes out :augh:
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Then that means my art is so terrible that it would burn your eyes out
Thanks for the encouragement, but they are right...its not so good...but critique is only good...I am happy that I am very stritcly critisized it only makes me work harder and make art better.

On topic:
3 New units enjoy feel free to comment.-fixed

Herbalist-I hope he looks less than peseant, and the framing tool is used for gathering herbs.

Sharpshoter-Tried to change the contrast on his face

Alchemist-It was supposed to be a beard...oh well repaired it.
Attachments
herbalist.png
herbalist.png (2.02 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
sharpshooter.png
sharpshooter.png (2.71 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
alchemist.png
alchemist.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 3165 times
Last edited by bonehead11 on February 10th, 2009, 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

The herbalist looks like it lvled up from the peasant and not the monk

The smile on the alchemist see to me like it is crazy

The sharpshooter look like it has a few problems with its face. I want to see what I can do to it. Maybe mine won't look bad :oops:
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

2 New units.
Attachments
hermit.png
hermit.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
arquebusier.png
arquebusier.png (2.94 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

For a small moment I saw the last sprite holding an electric guitar, but it was just an illusion. Would be cool to have somewhere... :P
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Here is attack button for katana.
For a small moment I saw the last sprite holding an electric guitar, but it was just an illusion. Would be cool to have somewhere...
Wish granted.
Attachments
guitarist.png
guitarist.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
sword-katana.png
sword-katana.png (5.29 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Ashigaru with sword.
Attachments
ashigarusword.png
ashigarusword.png (2.72 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

bonehead11 wrote:Here is attack button for katana.
For a small moment I saw the last sprite holding an electric guitar, but it was just an illusion. Would be cool to have somewhere...
Wish granted.
Hehe :lol2:
Attachments
avatar.png (4.35 KiB) Viewed 2940 times