RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.06

Post by TrashMan »

*HELP WANTED*

- With making maps for the campaign and scenario tweaking

that said, new version is up.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Jyuukenbu

Post by Jyuukenbu »

If you don't mind, I've spell-checked your script for grammatical errors and added in some minor tweaks here and there that might flavor up the dialogue a little bit while keeping your original writing intact. Also, I capitalized the "imperial army." (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Army)
[Start]
A new recruit in the Imperial Army jumps on the first opportunity to transfer to the borders to fight against the perils of the outside world, eager to change the world and itching for some action. Little does he realize how much action he'll get.

It was an uneasy time on the Great Continent. It was in these times that young Ellderon left his village and joined the Imperial Army, determined to make a difference. A single-minded and persistent individual, he quickly completed his basic training and was now faced with the final test.

Graduation
Jerron: Listen up everyone. You've all completed your training, but before you start active duty, you'll go through a little exercise that's becoming something of a tradition around here.
Jerron: Welcome to War Valley! The rules are simple. We're throwing a mock fight with training weapons. You are divided into two teams, each consisting of two platoons.
Jerron: Blue and Red platoons, you are the South team. Brown and Green, you form the North team.
Jerron: Our Royal Magi will incant a spell over this valley that will watch over your health. Once you've taken enough of a beating, the spell will let you know through sound and thunder.
Jerron: Once that happens, you're out of the exercise. Remember, you each start with equal forces and no reinforcements. Tactics and luck will determine the winner here. BEGIN!

[Finish]

: South Side wins this war scenario! Congratulations!
: You've lost more than half your troops there, Ellderon. Not exactly your best performance to date. (lol)

With his training completed, Ellderon was transferred to the 2nd Platoon under Lt. Ployer. Their task was to patrol the southern border.

After two months of inactivity, his unit was finally called into action. Bandit trouble was brewing on the eastern border.

The Raid
Lt. Ployer: All right, you maggots! Time for you to show what you're worth! Ruffians have been plaguing this region for some time and now we're gonna clean them up.
Lt. Ployer: Ellderon!
Ellderon: Yes Sir!
Lt. Ployer: You got some wits about you. I'm putting you in charge of the reserves. Support our assault. Try to flank them if you can.
Ellderon: Very well, Sir.

[Random Bandit upon capturing village]: Loot and pillage, boys! Hahaha!

[Random human on Lt. Ployer's side upon killing enemy]: Die, you filthy wretch!
[Said Bandit]: Aaaaahh...

[Random human on my side upon dying]: Urk...
Lt. Ployer: Watch it! These cutthroats mean business. Close your ranks!
Lt. Ployer: Ellderon, there should be an old camp situated somewhere to the northeast. Capture it while I keep the bloody bastards busy.

Loroy: Chaaaarge! Loroooooy! (lol, parody of leeroy?)
Lt. Ployer: What an idiot...

Ellderon: We've reached the camp, Sir!
Lt. Ployer: That camp is in worse shape than I thought. No matter, it will meet its ends. Continue the clash!

Bradock: Nooooo! Damn you curs! Men, come to my assistance! Your leader requires help! Come, come! Damn...
Lt. Ployer: Excellent work, everyone. We might make decent soldiers out of you yet.
Loroy: It was not an easy battle. We got wounded and dead everywhere at our feet.
Lt. Ployer: The healers in the village will mend the wounds of the injured and we will bury our dead tonight. We don't have time for grievances, we're needed elsewhere immediately. We march at dawn!

Having defeated the bandits, the regiment headed westward towards a small Imperial outpost to resupply and restock. However, the weather was not so agreeable with this.

Silent Night
Aetheonry: Sir, the troops are tired. They have been exhausted and battle-worn through their constant marching after our recent battle with those pillagers.
Ployer(shouldn't he be referred to as Lt. Ployer again? or is he on a first name basis now?): Yes, we've been pushing pretty hard, haven't we? And this accursed fog...don't want to lose any of my men in it.
Ployer: Very well. We shall pitch camp and rest for now. Fort Glacis can wait for tomorrow. Report to the men.
Aetheonry: Will do, Sir.
I'm stopping for now on Normal, since I tend to burn myself out when playing a campaign to the end. Great work so far, this campaign is fun so far.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help ;)
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
eccentricity

Post by eccentricity »

some of the scenarios are spelled wrong (betrayal, farewells by the sea) and for some reason there's an

Error
Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown
unit type " while generating traits

when trying to play "The Raid," after "Anduin"
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Anduin is the last working scenario (or should be the last working scenario).

I will update the campaign soon with more stuff. Be patient please :P

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

$%#=@ß#!

A new scenario I added is giving me a kazillion errors. Suddenly EVERYTHING is wrong. It even points to Wesnoth core files.
Missing close tags for events that have close tags...errors I don't understand...GAh.. I need to take a break.....

HOLY S****!
Even after I removed the offending scenario everything stopped working. Suddenly it's not recognizing ANY scenario. Those that worked perfectly before don't want to load. I can't even re-start the campaign since it claims "unknown scenario" even on the first one!!!!!!

Ah...fixed it. Had to rename my 12th scenario into a .txt file so the game wouldnt' read it. Incredible how it can spew out so many errors even after I removed all code that looked shady.
anyway, I'm uploading the latest version on the campaign.

Can someone please look at the 12_NewWorld scenario (and the backup.txt which has some other pieces of code from that scenario)

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
pihlstrom

C.O.T.S

Post by pihlstrom »

Iam playing the third scenario"FLIGHT".when the hero has to escape on the east side valley.In the beginning I have crossed the bridge ,killed all the ennemies,Elderon reached every part of the edge of the map and nothing happen!
After I tried to read the file of the scenario and I have heard about Ithilien and about the new plan:go north and use a pass through the woods.
I have done it,met Ithilien ,others survivors,killed some ennemies and impossible to find the pass.Elderon has tried every possibilitie in the north west of the map.
Please where is the pass????
(I suppose not in the eastern side of the map because it could be difficult to go back east in 35 turns.)
Thanks you for answer

Moved into the proper thread. If you need to ask a question, try to ask it in the existing campaign thread, instead of making new ones. -Turuk
PIRUET
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.08

Post by TrashMan »

Hmm...... This could be the result of me nesting the event.

In the first version the end mission event (when you reach the pass) was separate, so you could finish the scenario without witnessing the discussion with Loghain...which would make no sense.
So I nested that event within the Loghain discussion one, so it becomes active only after you heard the discussion - a new "gohere" icon should appear - the pass is north. Top of the map and to the west. You just need to follow the road.

If it doesn't trigger than that presents a new problem. I might have to code it differently, but the wiki sez nested events should work :P

Code: Select all

[event]
					name=moveto
        					[filter]
            					id=Ellderon
            					x=15-17
            					y=1-2
        					[/filter]

[endlevel]
             					result=victory
             					bonus=no
        					[/endlevel]
					[/event]

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
pinguinsteve

Post by pinguinsteve »

hi, first of all i am very impressed by what you've managed to create in such a short time.

i have two things to report, first is just that in scenarion Flight and in scenario ashendale i have the impression that some dialogue is missing. both times, when ithillien speaks i expect a response from ellderon but nothing..

sceondly is more important, the scenario Royal cover is waaaaay to easy, i killed the undead leader in round 23 and just had to wait until the turns run out, not even near of "we can'hold em back any longer". There we need definitely a stronger opponent, perhaps just add a second castle with an equal ai opponent like you already have in the southeastern corner, and when the princess appears she should really have to walk the way, right now she appeared and in the next round she finished the way. Perhaps an undead iteam should appear half way and intercept the princess when she is halfway through...

well just my two cents..

Regards
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I actually have 3 version of that mission, with 3 different ways of moving the princess.

The one I used was the one recommened on the WML forums. Yeah, I too noticed it moves the princess instantly, so I'm scrapping it. I replaced it with a leader_goal in the last version I uploaded. I also think I have the AI a lot more cash with boost when you get closer..I think. I Better go check :P

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

pinguinsteve wrote: i have two things to report, first is just that in scenario Flight and in scenario ashendale i have the impression that some dialogue is missing. both times, when Ithillien speaks i expect a response from ellderon but nothing..

One question - did you pick up a guy named Lotion? If oyu didn't than that would be a big problem, since he's one of the central characters. Could be a problem with the trigger for his apperance. I'll increase the trigger area.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
pinguinsteve

Post by pinguinsteve »

who the hell is Lotion, dammit i've been playing a campaign without one of the main characters.. where is he supposed to show up? i honestly never had the feeling of leaving something out and i`ve been playing this campaign for the third time now...

Regards
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

You pick him up during "Flight", down the road, right before the house with some survivors. I made some fixes for that mission and increased the trigger area + made some other fixes.
I'll update the download.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
fyzycyst

Post by fyzycyst »

FYI, in #12 (NewWorld), when you enter the region that is supposed to trigger the phoenix, there's a crash with the message:

Unknown unit type " while generating traits

(I'm a bit too much of a rank novice to diagnose the problem...)

- Eric.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

thanks for the heads up..still haven'zt gotten around to testing that scenario. Will fix that.

Gah...the unit name there has a space that shouldn't be there. ElderPhoenix instead of Elder Phoenix :P Easy fix.

B.t.w, pinguinsteve - Lotion has quite a lot of lines so I'm kinda surprised you haven't noticed something was missing. :lol2:

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<