RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.06

Post by TrashMan »

Alright, I''ll take your advice and change the map a bit.

And the reason it takes longer for the leader to level is cause usually the leaders reach max lvl rather early in any longer campaign. I don't like that. So some of the early heroes have a harder time leveling, but get nice bonuses to compensate. Not to mention the hero changes the unit type later anyway.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Fair enough, I figured that might be the reason, but if you are going to change the unit type on the player, how soon will that happen in the campaign? Most players do not like trying to level their leader only to find out it was a waste.

I do like the bonuses for the hero too.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Quite soon. You become a seargent (or liutenant) at the end of the 5th scenario.

Actually, I was thinking making the bonuses even more extreem :P
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

My campaign (Sceptre of Life) is a relatively long campaign as well, so I run into the same sort of problem as you - my leader levels early. One way I counteracted this was to give him various AMLA bonuses, such as new abilities, or greater strength, etc. You might consider doing the same in this campaign, if the type switch proves too aggrivating for the player.

Best of luck,
--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Shouldn't be.. By the time you switch you're a Swordsman.. Swithing to Seargent (with almost full XP bar) or straight to Liutenant is not bad.
Further along you'll be given a option to switch to an advanced unit type (3rd level, can advance to 4th level). :P

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

ahh, cool :-).
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

AGHHH! I'm getting irritated beyond belief. Every third map I make can't be loaded because of a illegal character. Is it a friggin bug in a editor that corrupts the map? Or maybe some bug in the game? What gives..... :augh:

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Are you using BfW 1.5? Not all of the available tiles in the editor are core. Some are for specific main-line campaigns and will not usually be recognized. They are the ones at the bottom of the list.

The developers are fixing this.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Strange..I don't recall using any strange tiles.

Hmm.. I did use a summoning circle in this map. And a brasier in the map that failed before..

B.t.w, I should note that this campaign is tied with Tale of a Mage..Happens in the same timeline and you'll even meet some of the characters.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Urk.. No, it doesn't look like the tiles in question are the culprit. I removes all non-stock tiles from the map, cleared the cache and I still get the illegal character error. Damn....I'm gonna have to make a new map...

Say, anyone willing to help me out with this project?

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
eccentricity

Post by eccentricity »

um, who is the protagonist talking to at the end of Ashendale? for some reason the dialogue makes me think he's talking to the elf he met earlier, but she doesn't appear in later scenarios for one reason or another even though i believe he says something along the lines of "good job, blah blah blah" to none one in particular in the next scenario.

despite that, i really enjoyed this campaign so far, even though it's sorta frustrating at certain points. :wink:
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

The more detailed feedback you can give me, the better. So don't be afraid to really tear the scenarios apart piece by peace.
The campaign is only a week old (roughly) so it still need a lot of spit and shine. And balance tweaks.

Hrm..Ashendale.. At the END of the scenario? He should be talking to a Elven Marshall (reinforcements) that arrives mid-scenario.
Or do you mean he's talking to Ithilien (the elven archer)? She doesn't appear? Hmm..I guess I should tweak her apperance event to make sure it triggers.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
eccentricity

Post by eccentricity »

talking to Ithilien is kinda weird when she doesn't appear.
she fails to appear in the next scenario as well.

um, frustration mostly stems from losing all the units after the
night ambush, actually. i found the spearman->sergeant change
not all that disruptive. i'm unsure about the balance since i've
been playing on the easiest difficulty and have just gotten past
ashendale.
jani

Post by jani »

so what bonuses do you get if you level elderion to lvl 3 before he changes to sergeant?
i was lvl 3 royal guard and had 47 xp when change happened and i was only sergeant.

could you make it so that if you be lvl 3 before change you would automaticly be leutnant and have that 47 xp?
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

@eccentricity - Her appearace event was triggered when any side enters a rather large part ofhhte map (top middle). I'm surprised no unit actually managed to trigger it. I'll just change that to a turn event :P

And yeah, the loss of recall list after the ambush makes sense story-wise. The idea is to also not let the player get too powerful too fast.

@jani - you managed to get to Royal Guard? Even with the XP penalty? :shock: I'm impressed.
Well, I can change the code to change your type accordng to level, altough strangely enough it already changed my swordsman to Liutenant when I was testing.

thanks for the feedback.... Now to fix things

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<