Is Napoleonnoth Dead?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EcoRI

Is Napoleonnoth Dead?

Post by EcoRI »

Hello all.

I've played this game on and off for years now, and noticed on the latest version that the napoleonnoth era was no longer available. It had its issues, like almost all user eras do, but I really was a fan. And i notice that the relevant post hasn't been updated in months.

So, two questions: is the maker of napoleonnoth still working on it? and if not, is there interest in a napoleon-style era?

Because, if there is an interest and nobody is working on it, I would like to take a crack at making a new one from scratch.
Temuchin Khan

Re: Is Napoleonnoth Dead?

Post by Temuchin Khan »

AS far as I know, it is dead. I think there are a few of us who would appreciate another Napoleonic era, but time will tell, I guess.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I would say it is fair to say it is dead. The person who ran the project was not willing to get 1.4 and did not see himself getting it in the near future. Nor did he want to give up the project for another to update to bring it to 1.4.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

I figure I should say a few words here.

I actually did get 1.4, and made it work... for awhile. Unfortunately, I then had to do an unrelated formatting, and post-format performance problems made Wesnoth simply unplayable (think 15+ minutes per turn :augh: ).

Since my OS was too old for Wesnoth 1.4 anyway and I only got it to work through a hack (downloaded DLL+simulated XP), I suspect I could only get Wesnoth playable again through a new OS (possibly new computer), and it's getting a little expensive for a free game.

So, yeah, as far as I'm concerned, Napoleonnoth is dead... but if anyone feels like taking over, all he'd have to do is PM me and I'd be glad to give them the most recent files and wish them good luck!
KingdomAmericaCMG

Post by KingdomAmericaCMG »

Id like to get the files and look at the unit code. I stole the images for my strategic victor add-on (has Stratego in it).
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Deader than Spacenoth.
davidshq

Post by davidshq »

Little late to the conversation...but I'd like to see the files as well.
Dave.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Temuchin Khan wrote:AS far as I know, it is dead. I think there are a few of us who would appreciate another Napoleonic era, but time will tell, I guess.
My 18th century warfare era has the same theme. Check my signature.
As for the files, I don't have them all, Gunpowder age(which is another era with the same theme) has some more, dunno if those are all files that Napoleonth had.

I never got to play Napoleonth, I downloaded it from the addon server, but I never got it to work.
davidshq

Post by davidshq »

Sweet. Certainly going to take a look at your mod. :)
Dave.
PapaSmurfReloaded

The final version is out.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I have all the files for it in my decrepit old versions of wesnoth addons file, yes I back most of them up from 1.0 on or so. I will zip them and post them, but you would need to reprogram them all to get them working again.

I should be able to zip them up and post them later today, after I get home from work.
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:I never got to play Napoleonth, I downloaded it from the addon server, but I never got it to work.
Same. If I remember correctly, none of the images would show up in game even if they were in the data folder. It's just not the same thing, playing Wesnoth without unit images.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

And here it is, a zip of the entire thing.
Attachments
Napoleonnoth.zip
(181.37 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
PapaSmurfReloaded

Ryorin wrote:And here it is, a zip of the entire thing.
wow o.O certainly Napoleonth images arent of my taste lol..