[Complete] Tournament of Champions 4

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheChosenOne

Re: Tournament of Champions 4

Post by TheChosenOne »

TOMATO: we have already several players in the reserve list such as Mabuse, 3vil, etc...but then, don't ask me, ask Noy about it.

So far, only 6 out of 12 pairs have reported their match-ups, my pair excluded. What would happen if by the end of this Friday there are still unplayed match-ups?
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

TheChosenOne wrote:So far, only 6 out of 12 pairs have reported their match-ups, my pair excluded. What would happen if by the end of this Friday there are still unplayed match-ups?
Is friday a deadline? We had arranged with Pagan to play the 3rd match this weekend :o
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Noy wrote:Rules for truant players. Since most of the rounds will be a week and a half, I think its a fair time period. If by a week in, you haven't arranged a reasonable time, then message me. I will mandate times in discussion with two players. If one party is being particularly problematic and an accommodation cannot be found, I may give a by to a player, or bring the defeated player for a previous round to replace him or her. I really don't want it to come to this so just play or matches, or bow out.
I think that if your finishing up game three this weekend that should be fine. Based on the above, the next wave of brackets should be Sunday or Monday I think. The question seems to be: what about people that have not even started playing games? Will they get them done? Not show up? etc. At *some point* alternates need to be put in for no-shows.

Now would be a useful time for anyone who is having trouble contacting their opponent to post, so that we can see who is "active" and who is not.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

The second game of me and Eskon is scheduled for thursday, 9 PM (GMT + 1).

And if there will be more observers than for the first game (which was not announced here), i will have to rewrite the observer list code first :P .
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Thursday Update:

We're doing okay, only two brackets I'm not sure about.

The Pietro - Dauntless
Beceph - Kalis

Now I've spoken to dauntless recently, Kalis about a week ago, and pietro and Beceph are MIA.

I believe that 3vil, Mabuse and TOMATO are the alternates, in that order. 3vil will likely be in for Beceph, and If I don't get a message from pietro in the coming day, mabuse will be in as well. I'm not sure about Kalis.

Most matches are proceeding according to plan, having three out of 24 not show up isn't bad at all.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
mrmoose

Post by mrmoose »

Noy wrote:I believe that 3vil, Mabuse and TOMATO are the alternates, in that order. 3vil will likely be in for Beceph, and If I don't get a message from pietro in the coming day, mabuse will be in as well. I'm not sure about Kalis
tomato is in before me? even though we talked about this in private long ago hmm well ok.. i guess
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

so ... im on it. just let me know who my enemy is ... will it be dauntless ?
i dont know atm. and when im officially in.

and dont make it too late, since right now its weekend, but tommorrow its almost over again.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Yes your up against dauntless
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Kalis

Post by Kalis »

I PMed 3vil. No response on his schedule yet...
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

i pm'ed dauntless
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ok, dauntless has contacted me, i hope we can agree on a time coming thursday/friday and i hope to play all matches then.
i would prefer not to play today though (since time is a bit short and unexspected things may happen, although i can imagine to be on later)
3vil

Post by 3vil »

Sorry I have been out of contact,
I was given the option to step in and let it go to dauntless.

I see kalis sent a pm, If I am really needed to make the toc flow I will play,
however I have some rl issues(which are getting better/resolved) that made me lose
desire to play.

It is sunday though and I dont have the time to play today, if I was to step in I could
dedicate some time during the day Mon , tues, wed....

Basically I am on extreme market watch(investing) so am on the computer all day and just need to react to the markets.
I love the markets and this is History being made.
:eng:
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

oesis wrote:I do not know how to contact Xiaoming for the match. Is his forumn name xiaomin?
I saw this posted, but I did not see an answer... now I don't know how to contact him. Xiaoming: will you please post your forum name or PM me? Maybe we can play our first game tonight.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

First game of the Yogibear - Baufo matchup - on NOW!

Edit: Oh wow, a double 0 post - the license to kill many of yogi's units :twisted:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Xiaoming: I have sent a private message to Xiaomin last weekend, please let me know if your forum account is a different name. I am looking to play some games with you this weekend. From what players on the server have told me, I understand you are somewhere in China? If so then perhaps Friday or saturday night (my time) would be the best chance for you also to be on (Saturday or sunday morning). Perhaps Saturday morning early (for me) would also work if I know enough in advance (that would be saturday night for you?)

I am on EST (which is UTC/GMT -5). I plan to be on the server Friday night (about 8PM/2000 hours my time), but please contact me so that we can coordinate the best times to match up.