BEEM - Balancing Extended Era Modification v3.3.2

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Voodoo

Re: BEEM - Balancing Extended Era Modification v1.3.2

Post by Voodoo »

Here it is the 1.3.2 version.
There aren't a lot of changes.
I fixed a couple of bugs, I followed your advice making some changes to the Calydonians.
But the most important change is the change of name for the "Balanced All Eras", his name is "Balanced for Tournaments Era".

This is made because in the future I'll add new eras and I want to emphasize the fact that the "Balanced for Tournaments Era" suggested for online matches/cups/tournaments. Especially for new users who just downloaded BEEM and don't know which era (of BEEM) they should use.
I created BEEM to have a balanced era to play online matches/cups/tournaments and that's MUST the primary use of BEEM. Beside this, I'd like to add other eras, maybe for funny, maybe with more complex wml funcions.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

-Version 1.3.2 (10/10/2008)
- Changed era name from "Balanced All Eras" to "Balanced for Tournaments Era"
- Fixed Thunderer (Dwarves) advancement bug
- Fixed Noble, Sire, Methusalem (Vampires) Plague bug
- Modified Armored Trait
- Various graphic tweaks
- Modified Undead
-Blood Bat
-advanceto: Twilight Bat -> Dread Bat
- Bats
-New unit: Dread Bat
-Dread Bat
-movement_type: fly -> smallfly
-cost: 33 -> 30
-hitpoints: 33 -> 32
-fangs attack: 6-4 -> 7-3
- Outlaws
-Ruffian
-cost: 6 -> 7
-hitpoints: 16 -> 17
- Calydonians
-Dardanian Warrior
-blade resistance: 0% -> -10%
-Hoplite
-xiphos attack: 8-3 -> 7-3
-Tassiarch
-xiphos attack: 10-3 -> 9-3
-Strategos
-xiphos attack: 11-4 -> 9-4
-Polemarch
-spear attack: 8-4 -> 7-4
-xiphos attack: 8-4 -> 7-4
-Diarch
-spear attack: 9-5 -> 8-5
-xiphos attack: 10-4 -> 9-4
-Peltast
-hitpoints: 29 -> 28
-Veteran Peltast
-hitpoints: 38 -> 37
-Thracian Peltast
-hitpoints: 47 -> 46
Cataphract

Post by Cataphract »

Is the amount of XP between Blood Bat and Twilight Bat supposed to be so high? It's the largest amount of XP I've ever seen a level 1 unit need to get to level 2 outside of caster types.
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

Anywhere online that the units stats are posted?
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

It would seem that the vampires are a very weak against the undead, having only two troops that are any good against them, and losing the entire ability to drain or use plague on them. I would think to make it a little more balanced, the Gargolyes should get a boost to there attack, perhaps 6 X3 attack instead of 5x3, or a slight increase in there defense. That being said, I think that the vampires in general need some strengthening in defense, especially impact damage.
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Cataphract wrote:Is the amount of XP between Blood Bat and Twilight Bat supposed to be so high? It's the largest amount of XP I've ever seen a level 1 unit need to get to level 2 outside of caster types.
You are right, I'll lower it in the next release :)
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Legowarrior wrote:Anywhere online that the units stats are posted?
Nope.

I'd like to know how I can post them in the official Wesnoth site, do you know it?
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Legowarrior wrote:It would seem that the vampires are a very weak against the undead, having only two troops that are any good against them, and losing the entire ability to drain or use plague on them. I would think to make it a little more balanced, the Gargolyes should get a boost to there attack, perhaps 6 X3 attack instead of 5x3, or a slight increase in there defense. That being said, I think that the vampires in general need some strengthening in defense, especially impact damage.
I'll check it. Maybe you are right that they are a bit too weak against undead, but I don't think they generally need to be strengthened :)
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

That's cool, they seem okay against everything else I play against, but against the undead, not so much.
The only unit that I never seem to use is the blood hulk. It seems weak for a level two unit, and strong for a level 1 unit. I use ogres and the abomination as starting points to compare it. Personally, I'd love to see it become a level 1 unit with it's own line of advancement. Personal preference. Other then that, I really enjoy the era and like the vampires, but it seems rather daunting to balance it all. Is there anything I can do, as a subpar player to help balance it all?
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Yeah it's very hard :)
But I'm happy you enjoy it :)

When my graphic helper will have time, I'll propose them to create a Blood Hulk advancement :)
Now there're working on other factions.

If you want to help me, then play and play and tell me everything you think it should be fixed. If you find bugs or others then report them to me :)
And help me to make BEEM known! I'd like that everyone could try BEEM almost once! :)

In the next week, I think a new release will be out with a completely new faction :D
Voodoo

Re: BEEM - Balancing Extended Era Modification v1.4

Post by Voodoo »

New release!!!
The version 1.4 is out!!
Tha main change is the new version, the Anakes!! Thanks to Tydeus, creator of the Anakes :)
It was very difficult to balance them becouse they have some new features, like the use of plague or the new attack skill "deadly strike" (thanks Mich!).

I hope you'll like them! Please let me know! Post here what do you think about them ;)
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

I keep talking about the vampires, but I think they are the most interesting. I was thinking that for the thinbloods and the like, instead of being of neutral alignment, make them fearless so that they can still get the benefits of the night and not lose anything during the day. This makes them more powerful though.

Also, when is Vampire as a special going to be fixed?
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Legowarrior wrote:I keep talking about the vampires, but I think they are the most interesting. I was thinking that for the thinbloods and the like, instead of being of neutral alignment, make them fearless so that they can still get the benefits of the night and not lose anything during the day. This makes them more powerful though.

Also, when is Vampire as a special going to be fixed?
About the Thinblood, if I gave him fearless I'd have to lower the number of traits from 2 to 1, so it wouldn't be so good for him..
About their streinght against the Undead, I don't think they are so weak. They have an arcane attack that easily destroy undead. Also their impact attack is very string against Skeletons. The Gargoyle is already strong enough imho :) And it's ok that some factions are a bit weak or a bit strong versus other factions :)
About the Blood Hulk, you are perfectly right! But I need time because my graphic helpers are working on other factions. I need the graphic for an advancement of him. So I think I'll need some time, maybe 2 or 3 releases. If there is someone who draw it, maybe in the forum, please let me know where it is! :)

In the next release I think I'll modify something in Duelist and Noble :)
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

Thanks for the update. You completely right about gargolyes being the way to go against the undead, but it seems that the gargoyles fill a lot of roles for the Vampires, from blocker and scout to fast attack, since vampires have no other fast attack units.

Well, final suggestion for the vampires, and then I'll stop beating that dead horse would be to give the hulk two attacks, like dwarf warriors, one blade and one impact... actually, that might make them a little too powerful against the undead. Never mind.
Legowarrior

Post by Legowarrior »

When did the Kalifa Amir lose Marksmanship? Without it, that Amir loses a lot of attack potential, and the side as a whole loses it's fortress busting abilities.
Rex Umbrarum

Post by Rex Umbrarum »

Legowarrior wrote:When did the Kalifa Amir lose Marksmanship? Without it, that Amir loses a lot of attack potential, and the side as a whole loses it's fortress busting abilities.
Look back on page 2 of this thread.
vivantlingvaemortvae