WML? PLZZZ help!

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Skeloten666

WML? PLZZZ help!

Post by Skeloten666 »

How do you get the Wesnoth Markup language for making units and eras and if some one could plz help me dat would be greatly appriciated THX!!! :roll: :eng:
Whether U are Undead, Elf, Drake, Human, Saurian, Orc, Goblin, Minatour or Sandwich(?WAT?)
I don't care aslong as u fight WELL!!!!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: WML? PLZZZ help!

Post by Turuk »

In an effort to be helpful, I direct you here.

I will also give the warning (as there has been someone posting on here recently who did the same), that if you keep pestering people for a cut and dry solution to make units and eras, you will be met with a less than joyful reception.

So try to work through it on your own, read it all, and if you can demonstrate that you've at least tried to figure out how to do it on your own, and can field some reasonable questions, people will be more than willing to offer advice.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

1. download an example era
2. change all the files to suit your own needs
3. check the WML Reference if you have questions about a specific tag
3. post here when you have more specific questions
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Skeloten666

Post by Skeloten666 »

ok so i have nowe read most of thwe wiki of creating units it just says that you should copy and paste a unit and then modify it But how do you copy a unit and where do u paste it to? :hmm:
Whether U are Undead, Elf, Drake, Human, Saurian, Orc, Goblin, Minatour or Sandwich(?WAT?)
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Open Wesnoth.
Click the Add-ons button.
Download something.
Go to your Wesnoth folder, go inside userdata/data/campaigns and open the folder of the add-on you just downloaded.
Open the .cfg file and search for a [unit] tag.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Skeloten666

Post by Skeloten666 »

thx u really helped
Skeloten666

Post by Skeloten666 »

There is one BIG BIG problem now I was looking 4 my wesnoth folder and I don't know where it iz i'm really srry for pestering u guys but i am kinda new to the game and badly need help! so could someone plz tell where the folder is 4 linux THX! :roll:

How u add signature ????
Skeloten666

Post by Skeloten666 »

I have finished making a unit called Undead_Grim i modified the warrior king file into Undead_Grim so i will probably make my own campaign and pop him in there i have attached him to this message Thx 4 ur help guyz!!!!
Attachments
Here he is and he is also my dp THX!
Here he is and he is also my dp THX!
Undead-Grim.png (4.68 KiB) Viewed 2469 times