Please don't stop the music!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cutter

Please don't stop the music!

Post by Cutter »

Hello!

The music stops during loading each time you click on the "Go back to turn #" menu item. And I personally click on it quite often during a game.
The music of Battle for Wesnoth is amazing, and it contributes make the game very immersive. However, having the music restarting every once in a while during a game is NOT immersive. Please let the music play during the loading sequence when the player goes back to a previous turn.

I know loading a turn is technically loading a saved game, and the music preferably should stop and restart when the player loads a different mission / campaign, so I suggest that the music keep playing when the player uses the "Go back to turn #" menu, and stops and restarts when he uses "Load game" menu.

What about it?

Thanks.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please don't stop the music!

Post by Ken_Oh »

I feel for you, I really do, but the problem is you're asking for a feature request based on not playing the game normally.
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

But the norm is subjective. Let everyone play Wesnoth as he/she wants.
Rex Umbrarum

Post by Rex Umbrarum »

Cutter wrote:But the norm is subjective. Let everyone play Wesnoth as he/she wants.
And let everyone work on Wesnoth as he/she wants. Sorry, but in general if someone has idea which would be nice, but not fantastic to a large group, they would need to submit the programming themselves.
vivantlingvaemortvae
Taimat

Post by Taimat »

In the OP's defence, Going back to the same turn you're on could be for a number or reasons. Like the mouse cocking up and clicking when it shouldnt >.>

Or you could just have clicked the wrong spot.
Corvvs

Post by Corvvs »

You could get the music files in iTunes or such and play them, while muting the ingame music. :hmm: I think iTunes can handle .ogg files, and I know Songbird can.
"we alone truly exist, ... the shadows we traverse are but projections of our own desires..."

Orbivm ||| The Thread of Ill-Fated Portraits
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

my solution:

Code: Select all

mplayer ~/music/wesnoth/* -loop
or

Code: Select all

mplayer /usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/core/music/* -loop
(so I can listen to the music without playing the game)