Drakes in general...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sqwall

Drakes in general...

Post by Sqwall »

Hallo everyone i play the game with much interest but haven't done it in a while.I wanted to ask were drakes (my favorite race by the way) overpowered or something?Because i saw for example that that drake wardens now(1.5.4) have only pierce attack and i'm sure they had blade attack also...although i saw the same with the halberdier.Drakes in general have horrible defenses(and i don't see why actually - i think the great amount of HP is justified by their unrivaled costs)...i mean the best they can have is like the normal other races can have on normal terrain.It's still very unclear to me why is that exactly...And even after this MAJOR drawback their units are still getting weakened.Can someone enlighten me why?
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Re: Drakes in general...

Post by Blarumyrran »

Sqwall wrote:Because i saw for example that that drake wardens now(1.5.4) have only pierce attack
No.
Last edited by Blarumyrran on September 29th, 2008, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

dontano

Post by dontano »

Direct answer before Syntax's and Ken Oh's posts:
That's why Saurians are put there too. They're vulnerable, but pretty hard to hit. I think that Drakes have everything they need to put justice into every scenario; infact, like every other faction, have both weaknesses and strong points. Their high amount of HP, their high cost and their alliance with the Saurians, makes them (almost) versatile in every type of battle, while facing the right consequences of their might (pierce-cold weaknesses). In poor words, they can literally own their opponents, as they can also get pwnd in an instant. They're just... different, but effective.
Trust yourself first, then trust others.
Current activity/ies: what...!?
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Drakes are made this way to provide their faction with a unique style of playing. To be successful with drakes, you have to make use of their mobility. Attack quickly, retreat quickly, change sides fast to get a locally temporary advantage etc.

If you play drakes like loys or elves, you will lose quickly (if you play them like northerners, you will lose even faster :P ). Every faction has its unique style of play to make them more interesting.

You will find, that it takes a while to truly master drakes, as they are one of the most difficult factions to be played real good.

Oh, and considering the balance: Be assured, that the great majority of good players thinks that drakes are not overpowered. If you think different, please don't start another "i know better" forum discussion. Instead come to the server and learn about things there. There are always good players who will tell and teach you what is important.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Sqwall

Post by Sqwall »

Hmmm i get the feeling i wasn't understood properly - what i said was that wardens had both pierce AND blade attacks with their halberds i earlier version(i think my previous one was 1.2.8 )and now they only have pierce.
About the other comments - i by no means think they are weak race - as i said they are my personal favorite but the fact is that the warden got weakened...and i wonder why.
Last edited by Sqwall on September 29th, 2008, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

...they posted the CURRENT version of the Warden. It clearly has blade attacks. I cannot think of any time in history that it has not.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

The warden still has pierce and blade! :wink: Thats why we linked you to that page.
Anyway, even if it was nerfed, a lot of balancing happens during dev realeases.
Sqwall

Post by Sqwall »

Erm...no offense but clearly someone here simply HAS to be blind(and i do hope it is not me)...following the link i was given to the Unit Reference(which i already know by the way) i got this http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/Sqwall/Warden.png ...does this look like the warden still has his blade attack?It clearly states the the unit has only pierce attack...
Sorry but it seems they way to post links in this forum is different for what i'm used to.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

:augh: Just search for drake warden on the page linked and read its attacks:
page says wrote:Cost: 46
HP: 82
MP: 5
XP: 150
16 - 3 melee (blade)
23 - 2 melee (pierce) (firststrike)
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

He has found a page where it is misrepresented.

However, to get there, you had to click on a link that clearly stated its blade attack :\.

Regardless, this page should be updated.
Sqwall

Post by Sqwall »

OK it seems i'm the blind one here...can you edit the photo i posted on my last post and point out where it states it has more than pierce attack?Place do because you got me worried for my sanes :|
Well Jozrael this page is accessed like this - from the main page->Play->Unit Reference->Trunk->Drake Warden so i would normally assume this is the true one...
Last edited by Sqwall on September 29th, 2008, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

We are thinking of a different page. :?
Please, when several people tell you something, then don't try and call us all blind, simple forum etiquette.
Sqwall

Post by Sqwall »

Oh come on xer - i didn't mean it in any bad way and i think it was obvious.Besides i stated clearly that it might be me...if anyone here has taken this comment offensively i do apologize and will edit/delete this particular part if someone feels really offended by it...
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

A simple misunderstanding i feel. Im sure no one is offended.

EDIT: welcome to the forum btw :wink: