Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aethaeryn
Translator

Re: Extended Era - lastest = x.33.2

Post by Aethaeryn »

I'd say the problem with EE balance is that a lot of the factions are Default factions with units added and they have an advantage over the user-made factions which only have a standard amount of units. In my opinion, EE should be reformed to just keep the unique factions like Dwarves if it's ever going to be balanced (except for the RPG era).
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

I plan (but rather in the long run) to make a sub-era with more restricted recruits and probably a little less faction, btw i probably also need to add one or two extra loyal factions.
Btw some matchups are known to be rather problematic, especially with drakes.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Whenever I try to download EE, I lose all my previously downloaded files.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Gilmegil

Dark Elves Rule

Post by Gilmegil »

The Dark Elven Hunters are great, 70% defence in forests and hills, 60% defence on grassland, 40% defence in shallow water... Wow, with them I only need lizard riders to kill weakened enemy units with one attack and bats to capture enemy villages, enchantresses if I have to face woses. For other Delven units I haven't found much use yet. The serpents seem to be nice to have on maps that contain much water or swamps, but the hunters do well on them too. So, after a few games, I think the key to the Delven power lies in fast flying scouts and archers with high defence. (Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm quite new to the game.) Even though they are chaotics, the Delven hunters don't have much need to retreat at dawn because of their high defence on most terrains. The lizard riders have poor defence but their attacks wield heavy damage and can kill most enemies with one blow, they can even fell woses with their claws.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Re: Extended Era - lastest = x.34.0

Post by Noyga »

Here is x.34.0:
Mostly animation changes with some balance changes too.
Changelog wrote: - New advancement for the Blood Bat : Dread Bat
- Fix more Special notes
- Fix undead & dwarf recruitement patterns
- Adjust a few undead variations
- Chaos:
- Some new descriptions
- Added Regeneration to the Flesh Hound
- Switched the Headhunter line movement type to elusivefoot
- Decreased the Doom Guard sword attack from 9-3 to 8-3
- Decreased the Doom Guard shield attack from 15-1 to 11-1
- Decreased the Hell Guardian sword attack from 9-4 to 11-3
- Decreased the Hell Guardian shield attack from 20-1 to 16-1
- Decreased the Evil Crab cost from 18 to 16
- Decreased the Headhunter HP from 34 to 26
- Decreased the Marauder HP from 38 to 36
- Dark elves:
- Gave level 1 Leadership to Nobles
- Dwarves:
- New bomb and runic hammer attack icons
- New copter flying animations
- Increased the Steamwheel HP from 38 to 36
- Sidhe:
- Spirit frames improvements
- Sylvans:
- Decreased the Sprite XP from 70 to 60
- Increased the Sprite HP from 22 to 23
- Increased the Fairy HP from 32 to 36
- Increased the Dryad HP from 43 to 49
- Increased the Spirit physical resistances from 30 to 40%
- Decreased the Spirit cold resistances from 0 to -10%
This version is NOT compatible with the previous one.

I would like to make a special thanks to the Era of Magic team, i've taken/modified some great stuff from there. Through the graphic may not be the greatest (often too much saturation in the color), this era makes a great job at animation stuff. I'ts a great source for inspiration.
I wanted to make recruit animations for demons (with pentacles) similar to some of we se in EoMa, but didn't have time. There is also some little offset to adjust, this will probably be for x.34.1.

It's one the addon server.
Here is an alternate source to download the package: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/extend ... 4.0.tar.gz
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Noyga wrote: - Increased the Steamwheel HP from 38 to 36
Eh?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

That's a typo, it's 36 to 38 ;)
mond

Post by mond »

Noyga wrote:Here is x.34.0:
New advancement for the Blood Bat : Dread Bat

lot of change in this era update. But i wish the bat get some more "upgradates": f.e.:
maybe a new higher attack, amor or/and and range attack like "sonar" or or something special.. but a new lvl without any change as standard hp is very boring for this nice unit.

its seem to be not fair if all other unit get stronger and stronger, the maps became to harder too (mabuse new forbidden mountain).. but the bat get nothing new expect of a new "name" and "animation" in second lvl...
cretin

Post by cretin »

they are changing units for balance reasons, not for their own entertainment.
mond

Post by mond »

cretin wrote:they are changing units for balance reasons, not for their own entertainment.
what will be balance if a new lvl get nothing expect of some hp and a new animation ;-)
cretin

Post by cretin »

it goes from being a 5-3 drain to a 6-4 drain death machine. if that isnt a boost dont know what is. plus, its balanced based on entire faction, not one unit.
Nova

Post by Nova »

I've been gone for a while -- several months, anyways -- and now I'm hoping to get back into the Wesnoth world.

The Extended Era doesn't appear on the 1.5 add-on list, and the last post in this forum was from September. Is the EE (gasp) dead?

Here's hoping not -- it's been a great addition to the game.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Odd that you managed to find this thread that is months old, but not the one that is only a couple days old, and only 5 threads below this, which is about the current work on the Extended Era.

It has indeed been ported over to 1.5x.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Turuk wrote:Odd that you managed to find this thread that is months old, but not the one that is only a couple days old, and only 5 threads below this, which is about the current work on the Extended Era.
Where? BEEM != EE

Anyway, EE has it's own sourceforge project, so it should be easy to poke the maintainer or fork it.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

:lol2: Fine, I will not count the work done on BEEM as EE, even though it is definitely the most recent.

For the sourceforge project, Nova, you can go here. Extended Era
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time