What is the limit of having many paths in a campaign?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sam_waz_here

What is the limit of having many paths in a campaign?

Post by sam_waz_here »

I've seen campaigns with multiple paths, kill the character vs save the character etc. But I was wondering what the limit of this is, how many branching paths can one campaign hold?
To take the question to the limit; could there be a campaign where the player starts on one level and by reaching a sign post in a different side of the level would result in a different subsequent level, only that level would also have 4 signposts on 4 level sides. Essentialy turning every level of a campaign into a segment on a map.
Where is the love?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: What is the limit of having many paths in a campaign?

Post by Velensk »

The limit is the amount of time/thought that a creator is willing to put into the campain. Any number of maps/senarios can be made, if the creator is willing to make them all.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Max

Post by Max »

i guess you could even make a scenario that reflects a world map, showing the locations you can go and where you've been already. might take some scripting, but it would be nice idea...
Zachron

Post by Zachron »

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3072

Saving Elensefar uses a world map style interface to move the characters from scenario to scenario. It's actually pretty innovative.
Project Battlescar: An rpg engine of my own design.
http://battlescar.wikispaces.com/