Offer to help with Legend of Wesmere storyline improvements

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

greenman

Offer to help with Legend of Wesmere storyline improvements

Post by greenman »

I've just finished playing Legend of Wesmere, which I really enjoyed. I don't think it's overly long at all, especially since most of the scenarios are relatively short.

I would like to offer my help to improve the storyline though. There are a few minor grammatical errors, but also areas where perhaps things could be improved. Earlier posters have pointed out some flaws in the continuity, or where too much familiarity is expected with the Mainline scenario, and where the links could be made more clearly.

Let me know if you're happy for me to look at this, and how you'd like me to send the updates (posts to the forum, send the .cfg file, whatever).
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Offer to help with Legend of Wesmere storyline improvements

Post by Sangel »

You know, technically, you're free to alter Legend of Wesmere as you please and release it yourself. Of course, that would be very confusing for all involved. Providing feedback to the scenario developer/maintainer is a much better approach.

With that in mind, and not speaking on behalf of the developer, I'd suggest creating a log, showing areas which you think could benefit from better spelling, grammar, and clarification. You could also indicate your preferred changes. That way the changes can be examined and discussed in context - it's hard to see changes in raw .cfg files.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Volde

Post by Volde »

I was reading a history of Wesnoth page and as i understand Legend of Wesmere has some contradictions with Scepter of Fire campaign. I admit that i haven`t played them yet but shouldn`t SoF campaign have priority here? With being Mainline and such. Or there are some other reasons why it is moved to "alternate" reallity part?

Anyway, what i`m suggesting if someone is going to change story is to make both of those campaigns work together, alter some story in LoW or something like that.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Volde wrote:I was reading a history of Wesnoth page and as i understand Legend of Wesmere has some contradictions with Scepter of Fire campaign. I admit that i haven`t played them yet but shouldn`t SoF campaign have priority here? With being Mainline and such. Or there are some other reasons why it is moved to "alternate" reallity part?

Anyway, what i`m suggesting if someone is going to change story is to make both of those campaigns work together, alter some story in LoW or something like that.
FYI, that wiki page is somewhat out of date... at this point there is no longer any mention in HttT of Garard I ordering the crafting of the Sceptre, and so the SoF storyline can be considered completely official, not in any sense "alternate".
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm