Best Faction

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nemesis

Re: Best Faction

Post by Nemesis »

I would say it really depends a lot on the map, the opponent, and how comfortable you are with your chosen faction. For the Wesbowl map for example, I've found that the Drakes tend to do very well. Since there is no way to recruit new units in this game, the Northern Alliance does not fare very well. Loyalists get worthless HI on their teams, the Rebels don't have nearly enough forest (unless you are playing defensively), and the Undead are probably not the best choice.

Anyway, there is no "Best Faction" so far as I am concerned.
Lich-Lord

Post by Lich-Lord »

All of you seem to agree that elves are the weakest faction, and I've heard some good suggestions. Thanks.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

They're not the weakest, they're not the strongest. They're all balanced and have radically different styles. If the Rebels' style works best with you, it works best with you. Most good players play Random, though.

Also, Wesbowl is definitely not a measure of balance.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
mameluke

Post by mameluke »

Lich-Lord wrote:All of you seem to agree that elves are the weakest faction, and I've heard some good suggestions. Thanks.
STOP! Don't you see the big [IRONIC] tags? :)

I also play random factions in multilayer. I don't have the same skills with every faction (still working on it). But what I can say is: "The factions are quite well balanced. No reasons for newbies to think one faction is underpowered."

IMHO it is a fact that the elves (rebels) are a faction that are quite handy to play for beginners.
That could make you think that they are "the best".
I don't see any problems with an elf-woman hitting somebody with a mace...
JW

Post by JW »

Undead and Drakes are the best. They are all pretty well balanced, but these two can kill the quickest.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Undead and Drakes are the best. They are all pretty well balanced, but these two can kill the quickest.
really JW? I guess horseman/mage combo and ulf kills aren't quick enough for you?
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

JW wrote:Undead and Drakes are the best. They are all pretty well balanced, but these two can kill the quickest.
They're the best in pure aggression, but it's balanced by them being pretty poor in defense and tricky to play.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I still say the Undead Drakes beat either of them.
mameluke

Post by mameluke »

rofl
I don't see any problems with an elf-woman hitting somebody with a mace...
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

And with the silliness at a high ebb, its now time to lock
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.