I'm sad

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dark_Beer_Adept

I'm sad

Post by Dark_Beer_Adept »

I'm sad guys, i'm sad becouse competition is winning terrain to fun and to socialize. An hour ago there were four ladder games at official server, just one allowed observers. Sometimes games are like the fire where everybody come talk, to see good friends, to get some human warm, thats why i love this game, other times them offer you a great opportunity to learn about playing. I'm not in ladder becouse i got enough competition at life but i dont have anything against thouse who are in, i just expect this wont affect the not ladder games, remaining theese free of spies, suspicions and bad mood.
beer can flow or it can clash, be beer my friend
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: I'm sad

Post by Soliton »

Did these ladder games really disallow observers to prevent fog cheating? If so that'd be silly...

I'd guess that in general ladder games do allow observers just as often or more.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Dark_Beer_Adept

Post by Dark_Beer_Adept »

Soliton wrote:Did these ladder games really disallow observers to prevent fog cheating? If so that'd be silly...

I'd guess that in general ladder games do allow observers just as often or more.
It has been as you have said until now, i would like it will continue as before. I dont know the concrete reason why some players than usually allowed observers now dont and theyre free to do it, just wanted to express my opinion about that tendency and show the comunity its risks.
beer can flow or it can clash, be beer my friend
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

That one or two guys like to disallow observers doesn't mean everyone is copying their whims. How can you be sure it is a real tendency?

I have observed (for short time) some ladder games lately, and (obviously) they didn't have observers disabled.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
nataS

Post by nataS »

Ladder policy: "Observers: It's encouraged that you allow observers, but you have the right to play ladder games with observers turned off. If at least one player requests that observers are turned off then observers must be turned off. A player who enters a game with observers on automatically agrees on allowing observers. Notice: If you allow observers your opponent or his friends can observe your moves with another instance of Wesnoth. In general people don't cheat." I personally believe this makes sense.
CCzz

Post by CCzz »

Another thing that disturbs me is that there were names on the official server like "adolfhitler". I saw it some times in the last days and i was really surprised that nobody stopped them…they were playing normal games. I was only asking me whether the guys who played with them didnt listen at the history lessons or why they were supporting them…
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

It's probably not true support but merely kids who want to get attention by all means (and don't think much about the background).

However, we don't appreciate that and we have banned people for this already. If you experience such things and there is no admin around, just stop by at the irc channel #wesnoth-dev and we will take care of the problem.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
ADmiral-N

Post by ADmiral-N »

It's probably just the same as with this one. Nothing to really worry about.
Subspace! Subspace is freeware and is the longest-running massively multiplayer internet space combat game in the world.