Best Faction

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lich-Lord
Posts: 4
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Best Faction

Post by Lich-Lord »

In my opinion, the best faction by far is the elves. The humans have horsemen and knights, but the elves pone noobs with their bows. Every single one of their troops has skill with the bow.
User avatar
Sorrow
Posts: 230
Joined: July 25th, 2006, 12:07 am
Contact:

Re: Best Faction

Post by Sorrow »

Well go on the server and play elves and get crushed and realize that they are not the best faction.
Let us all measure in milliyards, that way we can all get along.

Replay Archive: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Replays
Lich-Lord
Posts: 4
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by Lich-Lord »

Well, who would you play as? Any suggestions?
User avatar
Sorrow
Posts: 230
Joined: July 25th, 2006, 12:07 am
Contact:

Re: Best Faction

Post by Sorrow »

Whichever faction you like/can use best? There isn't a best faction so just figure out which one you like the best and play it. Or play random.
Let us all measure in milliyards, that way we can all get along.

Replay Archive: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Replays
User avatar
Cackfiend
Posts: 470
Joined: January 28th, 2007, 7:36 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Best Faction

Post by Cackfiend »

you gotta be the 10000th person to come on here and say elves are the best

sigh
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
User avatar
Wintermute
Inactive Developer
Posts: 840
Joined: March 23rd, 2006, 10:28 pm
Location: On IRC as "happygrue" at: #wesnoth-mp

Re: Best Faction

Post by Wintermute »

Lich-Lord wrote:In my opinion, the best faction by far is the elves. The humans have horsemen and knights, but the elves pone noobs with their bows. Every single one of their troops has skill with the bow.
Woses shoot what, exactly?

If you think a faction is overpowered, please check out the numerous threads already devoted to whatever faction you think is 'the best'. Or please post some replays demonstrating how much better they are than some other faction. "elves pwn noobs with their bows" is not really a valid argument.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Lich-Lord
Posts: 4
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by Lich-Lord »

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/posting.ph ... 21477#Well, since all of you seem to think that I am wrong, I guess I'll just stop.
Jozrael
Posts: 1034
Joined: June 2nd, 2006, 1:39 pm
Location: NJ, USA.

Re: Best Faction

Post by Jozrael »

I kinda don't understand the point of your link, but w.e

I definitely think the Undead Drakes are the best faction.

If you haven't unlocked them yet, ask in off-topic.
Mabuse
Posts: 2130
Joined: November 6th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by Mabuse »

Lich-Lord wrote:In my opinion, the best faction by far is the elves. The humans have horsemen and knights, but the elves pone noobs with their bows. Every single one of their troops has skill with the bow.
many noobs think that
but "in fact", loyalists are the best FACTION :) :D

P.S: who cares about Horseman anyway ?
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
mameluke
Posts: 175
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 12:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Best Faction

Post by mameluke »

@Lich-Lord + Mabuse

It's proven. I played this game two days ago. :eng:

:lol2:
Attachments
some_match.gz
elves loose against loyalists
(14.71 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
I don't see any problems with an elf-woman hitting somebody with a mace...
nataS
Posts: 166
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by nataS »

Everyone knows drakes are the best faction.
Mabuse
Posts: 2130
Joined: November 6th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by Mabuse »

mameluke wrote:@Lich-Lord + Mabuse

It's proven. I played this game two days ago. :eng:

i get a headache if i see this game and "who had more luck"-talking all the game long

always if i play with germans theres something wrong with luck, i was once allied with a german and his "excuse" playing extreme [censored] was that "his enemy has always good luck if he needs it" -so basically luck was balanced, but the situations where thew german had luck were unimportant, and the situations where the enemy had "luck" were the important ones - and due to that, he lost badly. i wonder how many "unimportant" moves someone can make, and how many "important" opportunities to cripple the own army you can give to the enemy

lol

btw, i am german, too - but i am always annoyed by honkish luck-talking, escpecially if the player plays some random [censored]
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Mabuse
Posts: 2130
Joined: November 6th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by Mabuse »

btw, slight joke, other countries may not be better :p
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
TobiasParker
Posts: 38
Joined: December 31st, 2007, 2:40 pm

Re: Best Faction

Post by TobiasParker »

Obviously Northerners are the best faction because i play them well
and Dwarves are the weakest because i don't know how to play them.
http://www.tm-productions.blogspot.com/ -halo3 Machinima project.
http://www.t-o-m-e.net - Best roguelike ever
mameluke
Posts: 175
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 12:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Best Faction

Post by mameluke »

Mabuse wrote:i get a headache if i see this game and "who had more luck"-talking all the game long
@Mabuse
I understand your point. (btw. thx, for watching the replay and giving feedback)
But consider this: You have a friend which you like to get into Wesnoth. You smashed him like I did in this replay. Then he says "ok, you won. But you had some lucky strikes", it's not a good idea to answer then "No your wrong, you just played like an ape. I just won because I'm so mutch better than you".
It's maybe better to answer something like "Yea, I had some nice hits but consider that your scouts only have 40% defense on villages, so it's not unlikely to hit them".
That's what I did, afaik. (Don't know how carefully you read the messages ;) )

Btw. Talking about luck during the game is quite ok imho, as long everybody agrees in the "law of large numbers" (I hope that's the correct english term for what I mean).
I mean if my mage misses 3 times, I like to tell my anger about this to my opponent :P


I just hope that it's now obvious to Lich-Lord that the elves are in fact the weakest faction :D

Mabuse wrote:btw, i am german, too
PS @Mabuse: I'm not german!! :)
Mabuse wrote:but i am always annoyed by honkish luck-talking, escpecially if the player plays some random s***
PPS @Mabuse:I'm not shure about what you mean with this. But I think you refer to my complaining about my random choice which gave me the loyalists.
Well you should never judge over situations you don't know!
I complained because I got the loyalist in the last game against my friend (he always plays elves atm). And in this last game he won, because I really played the loyalists bad (I was not used to play them). So I got again the loyalists (it's like throwing 2 times the number you don't want with a dice). That's worth to tell a little frustration to the universe I think. You should not take everything serious Mabuse ;)
I don't see any problems with an elf-woman hitting somebody with a mace...
Locked