The User Art Topic

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Re: It is gone again Art Topic

Post by turin »

irrevenant wrote:I dunno. That mushroom doesn't look particularly perturbed to me - it looks disinterested rather than conquered. :)
I interpreted "conquered" as meaning terrain that had been seized from the enemy rather than an enemy that had been defeated...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The worm looks too much like a weird snake species to me. All worms I know have no eyes or horn on their head. In fact, they do not have any differentiation to tell whether it is their tail or head.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Kess

Post by Kess »

Syntax_Error wrote:The Triumphant Worm Reveling Over The Conquered Mushroom
Amazing! I really see this in motion in my mind. I see it rather as the mushroom sitting there, in the eyes of the worm having been conquered, the worm triumphantly revels at it too. Ha ha ha! I feel your accomplished joy, Mr. Triumphant Worm. :mrgreen:
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

turin wrote:
irrevenant wrote:I dunno. That mushroom doesn't look particularly perturbed to me - it looks disinterested rather than conquered. :)
I interpreted "conquered" as meaning terrain that had been seized from the enemy rather than an enemy that had been defeated...
Coming from SynErr I assumed the mushroom was sentient, but you could well be right.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

turin wrote:
a _worm_ conquering _terrain_ from the enemy? oh please, that is ridiculous, who would ever draw something as unrealistic as that :|
Shadow Master wrote:The worm looks too much like a weird snake species to me. All worms I know have no eyes or horn on their head. In fact, they do not have any differentiation to tell whether it is their tail or head.
imo the image of "snake" is more biological, referring to the one group of species, while imo "worm" is much more general, not only meaning lintworms and similar but also eg sea serpents and leviathans etc... hope its not just me.
Kess wrote:Amazing! I really see this in motion in my mind. I see it rather as the mushroom sitting there, in the eyes of the worm having been conquered, the worm triumphantly revels at it too. Ha ha ha! I feel your accomplished joy, Mr. Triumphant Worm. :mrgreen:
thats what i had in mind too for a while :)
irrevenant wrote:
turin wrote: I interpreted "conquered" as meaning terrain that had been seized from the enemy rather than an enemy that had been defeated...
Coming from SynErr I assumed the mushroom was sentient, but you could well be right.
or thats what they want you to think.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

There is a fun SA thread where we've been playing through the Lone Wolf series. Here is some of my fanart:

Book 12 Spoiler
Book 20 Spoiler
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

omgomgomgomgomgomg Lone Wolf? :D :D :D

I luved that series as a child.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

irrevenant wrote:
Syntax_Error wrote:The Triumphant Worm Reveling Over The Conquered Mushroom
I dunno. That mushroom doesn't look particularly perturbed to me - it looks disinterested rather than conquered. :)
But the worm has that evil take-over-the-world look in its eye.... mwahahaha!
But otherwise, it looks... well... strange.....
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

[img]http:[/img]
Last edited by Blarumyrran on August 30th, 2014, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mica

Post by Mica »

That's awesome! I'm SO saving that as my new desktop background! :D

unless you mind, of course. XD
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

I CAN see a worm there, and I could imagine a mushroom being there in the bottom left hand side??? :mrgreen:
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

This would make an awesome desktop wallpaper indeed, very nice work :shock:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Baufo wrote:This would make an awesome desktop wallpaper indeed, very nice work :shock:
And for macs (I don't know how to do it on pcs) if you press control+alt+apple+8 at the same time it looks even better. 8)
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
Rex Umbrarum

Post by Rex Umbrarum »

Peter the Great wrote:
Baufo wrote:This would make an awesome desktop wallpaper indeed, very nice work :shock:
And for macs (I don't know how to do it on pcs) if you press control+alt+apple+8 at the same time it looks even better. 8)
That inverts the colors. (Just so non-mac users could do it too)
vivantlingvaemortvae
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Rex Umbrarum wrote:
Peter the Great wrote: And for macs (I don't know how to do it on pcs) if you press control+alt+apple+8 at the same time it looks even better. 8)
That inverts the colors. (Just so non-mac users could do it too)
Oops, I intended to post that too but I must've forgotten. :oops:
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.