A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AI
Developer

Re: A New Order.

Post by AI »

Yes, he's a developer and he's written some great tools.
Kevynstar

Post by Kevynstar »

I remember trying this campaign out a year ago, and not making it all the way through. But I remember that I thought it was GREAT! Intrigueing story that I actually cared about. I'd love to have another go at it, if there is ever a version available on the add-ons list for the latest version of Wesnoth.
chmdznr

Re:

Post by chmdznr »

ArcaneWeapon wrote:Downloaded from link on the first post and after selecting the difficulty the progam says there was an error and quits the game. There somewhere else to get a working version?
I have same problem. Now, I've solved by downloading from web interface.
I've upload it in Sharedzilla if you need to download it since Wesnoth campaign server sometimes off.
Here's the link:
A_New_Order.tgz - 10.08 Mb
Kevynstar

Post by Kevynstar »

I just downloaded the add-on of "a new order" for 1.4.4 and I played it up until level 14 the battle of baron I think its called, but it crashes when I complete the level, I get this message from windows:

Assertion failed!

Profrom: ...ogram Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.4\wenoth.exe
File: src/actions.cpp
Line: 195

Expression: !wml_recall

For information on how your program can cause and assertion
failure, see the Visual C++documentation on asserts

(press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Anybody know how to fix this??
Mica

Post by Mica »

The campaign hasn't been maintained for a long time, it's finished but needs polishing and bug fixing.

I don't know what's wrong.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
strangeryf

Post by strangeryf »

I am very happy to finish this campaign today :mrgreen: , and I am grateful to szopen. As suggested by the ending words, I came here.

1) I corrected some cfg problem on Windows.
I downloaded v0.99 of this campaign for Wesnoth v1.4. I found that in Wesnoth v1.4.4, the game will not load, and the prompt message box says
Error loading game configuration files: '^Missing closing tag for tag campaign at data/campaigns/A_New_Order/_main.cfg:27 included from data/_main.cfg:8 at data/_main.cfg:197' (The game will not exit)
However the campaign is playable in my Kubuntu 8.04 (with buggy KDE 4.01) on v1.4.3 of Wesnoth.

I checked the E:\game\Battle for Wesnoth 1.4\data\campaigns\A_New_Order\_main.cfg, and found a strange symbol in line 44, which is inside the 'campaign' tag

Code: Select all

Version" + {~campaigns/A_New_Order/metatags/VERSION}
I noticed that '@' is widely used in that cfg file, so I change the '~' to '@' before 'campaign/A_New_Order...'. Then, this campaign is playable. I guess there may be some difference between Windows version and Linux version of the Boost library, which leads this issue.

2) I have to shift from Windows to Linux, Wesnoth v1.4 to V1.5 to avoid some annoying exiting of the game.

V0.99 seems not playable in Wesnoth v1.5. In some certain scenario, the game will exit without prompt. I have to change my OS, and the version of Wesnoth binary.

3) Some scenarios are too hard for me, e.g. one requires to get through with 3 enemy parties, within only 15 turns. Thanks to the 'debug' mode, I survived. :lol2: P.S. I chose normal level.

4) There are some strange typos which I can guess the correct ones. However, there are some words that can not be found in dictionary, e.g. stietch (if I remember correctly).
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The reason for #1 is that you put it in data/campaigns for some reason rather than userdata/data/campaigns.

{path/to/something} is relative to data
{~path/to/something} is relative to userdata/data
{@path/to/something} is a shorthand for both of them
jake21

Post by jake21 »

I'm kind of stuck. I'm doing scouting and I've done all three things but now I can't go to a new screen. When I visit the tent my advisor sez I've done everything and he has no clue what I should do next.

Interesting when I google search I find a couple of threads but they seem to have been deleted:
For example:
Battle for Wesnoth • View topic - "A New Order" add-on campaign...
I'm playing the "A New Order Campaign" and like the initial gameplay. ... But, I 'm stuck currently on the "Scouting" level, I've done everything on the map ...
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22186 - 20k -
--
and
--
Battle for Wesnoth • View forum - Strategies & Tips
Stuck in Wose Story campaign. Nicolas. 3. 439. Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:11 pm ... Compaign : A New Order / Scenario : Scouting <- Need help. SurfPirat ...
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewforum. ... &start=500 - 46k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
---

Anyways if there is a simple solution to this problem ....
(this is on ubuntu distributon).
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

a bug report: l changed the sourse code and made the third scenerio's three lords have no money and reinforcements :lol2: .Thus, l crashed them up with very ease. Then the wesnoth crashed, said what "c++language error", not the wesnoth but the windows. l dont know why sisnt you just make them invincible, or you might better give an explanation of that crash
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Thus, l crashed them up with very ease. Then the wesnoth crashed, said what "c++language error", not the wesnoth but the windows.
WML should never crash Wesnoth, no matter what. If you find some code that can crash Wesnoth, you'd better report it in the Technical Support forum, or on our bug tracker on Gna.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

ok. but how? and how can l post some pictures on this forum? lf you can tell me l can explain it with more details. And you see, my changes caused it crash, but the killable boss are still the potential problem to solve, though the author has said "how did you do that? or l can make it more difficult". :lol2:
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Upload the files you changed as an attachment, preferably with a detailed explanation how to replicate the crash.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

ok, here it is, the bug
my suggetion is to get three bosses invincible
IMG alt=image src="http://forums.wesnoth.org/posting.php?m ... t=6486/the bug.jpg" border=0>&nbsp

damn! ls there any direct ways to post some images? l suck in this

try again

AGAIN!!

AGAIN AND AGAIN!! Oh damned, how can l be so stupid..

:(
dude, this is not my fault. you can delete them if you want. l failed at last, just as you can see
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on January 13th, 2012, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged six posts
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

AxalaraFlame wrote:you can delete them if you want.
Instead, I merged your six posts in one, as this will make my explanation easier.
You have two ways to attach an image:
1) Below there is a box called "Upload attachment". Click on the "Browse" button, select your image, press "Add the file". If you want, you can also press the "Place inline" button to place the image in a specific point of the post, but this isn't necessary.
2) To link directly to an image: click on the "Img" button above, and between the two [ img ] [ /img ] tags place the link to your image. It must be a valid image format, like jpg, gif, png.
Now why didn't work for you?
AxalaraFlame wrote:IMG alt=image src="http://forums.wesnoth.org/posting.php?m ... t=6486/the bug.jpg" border=0>&nbsp
Pure HTML code is not supported here.
Before [ /img ] you placed another "[", that makes the tag invalid. Also, html is not an image format.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

yeah, that is why l say l am stupid. how could l place another "]" before it? regardless, l will try this sunday. once you see this bug, you will be surprised