Moderator ping_a

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr_Evil

Moderator ping_a

Post by Mr_Evil »

Hello!
I have been playing wesnoth for few years now.
Reason why i create this topic is because i didnt find any other topic where to post this.

Today 29th i got final ban from wesnoth game. (I think its forever). So i have no chance to enter wesnoth MP server. My hope is to get unbanned when posting this.

I broke first time in wesnoth MP server chat rules. I agree whit first ban but not much whit no reason 3 bans. After first ban i continued asking the reason why he banned some other guy in server = I got banned for a day. After that i asked reason for that ban but still i didnt get that answer & he tells me that he dont have to answer on that only thing he said is I have to go read rules again (I know them). Then i called him unprofessional moderator as he was & i got another day ban. After that I still wanted to know reason for ban & he tells me to go read rules again. I didnt go because i didnt need for it. And ban again. And after that i got so pissed of on him but still I calmed down and next day (today) we did final chat conflict what ended whit ban for me & waste of time for him as he said. When I still wanned to know reason for all 3 bans he dont explain himself to me & what shold i do? I knew if I ask it again I get another ban. But i still went forward looking for answer & he still wanted me to read rules so i did it but it didnt help. I followed the rules but still... Nothing. And final word he said ''Will i follow the rules Yes or No only). I asnwered: Then i cant answer to that (I were in middle of Yes & no) Why shold i accept whit something if i havent find The reason of all this.
Hes first moderator in years who pissed me of for last time :evil: . Even telling that gets my (maybe unban) longer.
Moderator ping_a why shold i tell you Yes if i cant do it? Will you do it whit evryone who wastes you'r time? Does it has to end this way? I hope someting else...
Alias -> Mr_Evil
Wesnoth -> Unknown
Target -> Unknown

Evil -> 100%
Netural -> 0%
Good -> 0%
Devlopers are nuts...War has begun...We will see...
megane
Art Contributor

Re: Moderator ping_a

Post by megane »

Mr. Evil: I can't imagine why, but I have this sneaky suspicion you weren't quite as reasonable as you're implying. And you're implying you were fairly unreasonable. Incessantly pestering somebody every day for four days straight would probably get you banned whether they're a moderator or not.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Mr_Evil

Post by Mr_Evil »

I can't imagine why, but I have this sneaky suspicion you weren't quite as reasonable as you're implying. And you're implying you were fairly unreasonable. Incessantly pestering somebody every day for four days straight would probably get you banned whether they're a moderator or not

You'r suspicion is correct.

But I didnt know if ''Incessantly pestering somebody every day for four days straight would probably get you banned whether they're a moderator or not.'' That shold be added on rules list then''. But if i would known it is my last chance to agree or not then i would agree because its better than Ban forever. Also there was no rules against that i may not do it. Then it shold be added on rules list right now.
Last edited by Mr_Evil on April 29th, 2008, 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alias -> Mr_Evil
Wesnoth -> Unknown
Target -> Unknown

Evil -> 100%
Netural -> 0%
Good -> 0%
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Wow I've never read such a bald face lie by someone to get themselves off the hook... Its not going to work here. You and your "friend" Volkssturm have been causing problems for the past couple of weeks, spamming the server with filth. I and the other moderators have warned you several times about your behavior (by your own admission might I add) but you continue to flaunt the rules. Please don't play this "I didn't know what I was doing claim." You were warned by several different moderators, including myself.

Your response in this thread is just indicative of your behavior. You're lying about your culpability and attempting to tarnish an individual who has quite a bit of integrity in the game. Even suggesting its a "mix up" is a complete misrepresentation of the situation... you;re doing it to mask your own behaviour.

Apparently several bans have been effective, so we're going to the next step. This ban is permanent effective immediately. Maybe message me in a couple of months and we'll consider lifting it, if you still care.

And don't bother PMing me. I'm the last person you want to be talking to right now.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Sure no one is perfect and even moderators can makes mistakes, but it doesn't help to bash a moderator on the public place.
Usually topic like this get locked, even if it's not a moderator that is bashed. I think you should have contacted another MP admin instead, some are often online even if not connected directly.
Notice that the MP public chat is logged on a IRC channel where some MP admin hangs, so they can verify your allegations.
But usually our moderators do a resonable jobs and don't act foolishly, so i think it is unlikely that your ban will be removed very quickly, and annoying constantly the banner won't help you to get unbanned.

(Edit: wow Noy was faster than me to lock the topic :))
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

I've unlocked the topic so that the person challenged ( ping ) can answer for himself, which I find fair for both sides. After all in Mr_Evil's posts he wants an answer/debate with ping.
Last edited by Mythological on April 29th, 2008, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unlocking the topic so that ping can answer
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Mr_Evil

Post by Mr_Evil »

Thank you Mythological!

Somekind V name guy who ping_a thinks is my friend but He/She is not my friend, not my allay, not my source. I just got intrest when i heard on lobby ''pls unban my friend'' just when i created a game. After that game i changed my name for alias Mr_Evil. And started to ask ping_a reasons. I didnt know nothing about that guy. Forget him! Hes propably learned about his mistake & hopefully wont do it again. I hope that to.
How can i lie whole story on that im hes or he is my friend. I didnt even know his name before´you said it. I dont even care about him.
Noy, you cant even call me liar if you dont even know me. If i would lie the whole story then why I admit my fault? Like i said to megane hes suspicion is correct. Liars dont do that. Or then i must be very, very ''stup**'' liar. Also I didnt get warning by moderator ping_a before i got my final ban today. I only aswered him what i was able. I couldnt say Yes because i wasnt sure. Same on No. Yes my behave is ''Mad'' because it made me. But im totally calm. Only what i can mix up is my true alias nick what ping knows. Well if world want to hear it then ping_a can tell it. & Whit my true alias i broke first time wesnoth rule on that i agree. This is you'r so called ''Next step''. And dont lock it this time otherwise it cant be next step and we cant end it once for all. Isnt it so?
Alias -> Mr_Evil
Wesnoth -> Unknown
Target -> Unknown

Evil -> 100%
Netural -> 0%
Good -> 0%
ping

Post by ping »

Okay I want to say that if someone have on issue with a decision made by me or other moderators they can take it up on the IRC freenote #wesnoth-mp, or use PM on the this forum. You said you read the rules but most have missed that one.

You seems to agree that you dervesed a ban fr your actions the first time some days ago. As I explain to you the later bans was because you refused to answer yes to not to misbehave like that again. There is not anything written that you only get banned for a short time and as you did not want to answer me but rather used a extensively amount of my time asking why you where banned in the first place (with which you now agree) and secondly why someone else was banned which is not your business as I also repeatedly told you. All you had to do (and log can show that I said that to you) was to agree that you would not act like what owned you the ban in the first place. That was the reason (again I told you) to up hold the ban. So despite what you maybe thinking it was not you calling me unprofessional or other things that got you banned it was not being friend with someone either it was have you acted before you even knew I exists and afterward refusing to promise not to do so again.
In other words you did not banned because of issues with me but because of misbehaving toward other players and since refusing to agree not to do so again. I told you all this and the log can show it the truth.

On a side note I did not seek you out when you logged on to the server, you repeatedly turned to me and pushed the issue getting rude if I did not address you right away and when a did refused to answer a very simple question “will you promise not to repeat you behaviour?” . Don’t use an alias and think you can misbehave just because that you are not using your normal nick this behaviour is extremely impolite. When I first addressed you with a warring it was in polite manner a tone which you have not since returned.

Again should someone feel unrightfully treated I will listen to reason either though PM or on IRC.

I don’t banned people for the fun I don’t ban often and I try my hardest not get personal so an apology and a promised not to repeat the behaviour that earned you the ban in a PM should get you of the hook in most cases. But why get banned in the first place? ;)

Okay I hope this clarifies things and I hope that we in the further don’t have to see more flame wars in here.
Mr_Evil

Post by Mr_Evil »

[quote="ping"]Okay I want to say that if someone have on issue with a decision made by me or other moderators they can take it up on the IRC freenote #wesnoth-mp, or use PM on the this forum. You said you read the rules but most have missed that one. [quote=''ping'']

No i didnt miss that one. I just dont use IRC, i dont download IRC, i dont like IRC.
Btw i PMed to you.
Alias -> Mr_Evil
Wesnoth -> Unknown
Target -> Unknown

Evil -> 100%
Netural -> 0%
Good -> 0%
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

I think moderator's job is very important especially on the server.

I often read so many stupid sentences (about sexuality, racism, ect....), that i really appreciate what Ping (and the others) is doing.

I dont want my children come on server to see this kind of stupidities and me neither.

It's a game's room and that's all.

I don't know what mr evil has done on the server and i dont want to know. Just be responsable of yourself: no injuries and no leavers :evil:
Read code of conduct!!!
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
Mr_Evil

Post by Mr_Evil »

hiro hito wrote:I think moderator's job is very important especially on the server.
I agree whit that. This topic may now be locked up. No remakes. Its over.

THE END
Alias -> Mr_Evil
Wesnoth -> Unknown
Target -> Unknown

Evil -> 100%
Netural -> 0%
Good -> 0%
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Since this has been settled, and the starter of the topic wants it locked, I'm locking this thread again.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never