EoM in a campaign?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

islandranger

EoM in a campaign?

Post by islandranger »

Hi,

I like the Era of Myths. Is it used in a campaign anywhere?

IR
Valenwood

Re: EoM in a campaign?

Post by Valenwood »

I think Velensk, and possibly some others, are working on one or more campaigns for EoM, yeah. Check the EOM thread :)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Espron (I think I got the name right) is working on an elemental campain, I'm working on a vampire campain, with plans for a follow-up windsong campain).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote:Espron (I think I got the name right) is working on an elemental campain, I'm working on a vampire campain, with plans for a follow-up windsong campain).
You forgot the "e" between the "r" and the "o". Yeah my campaign has the elementals allied with the protagonist, they are the main allies; with that said I guess you could definitely call it an Elemental Campaign.
islandranger

Post by islandranger »

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm curious about stories behind these factions. Are they written up in detail anywhere?
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

islandranger wrote:Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm curious about stories behind these factions. Are they written up in detail anywhere?
I believe you can find them buried in the EoM's thread.
DDR

Post by DDR »

I have 5 scenarios of a Devling campaign playable, so far. :)
islandranger

Post by islandranger »

Has anyone developed maps for the lands of the Therians? Are they envisioned to be on the same continent as the lands of Wesnoth or in another world?
MDG

Post by MDG »

Maps here.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I think that it was pretty firmly decided that we were not going to use that map.

Though the current lore would state that it is in the same world I'd find it much more conveiniant if it were set in a diffrent one.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote:I think that it was pretty firmly decided that we were not going to use that map.

Though the current lore would state that it is in the same world I'd find it much more conveiniant if it were set in a diffrent one.
Use mine. I am vastly expanding the Eastern Lands or the "Silver Lands", I have the geography and inhabitants planned out (but not for the Therians, the Warg, the Devlings and the Celestials [I currently do not like them...]).
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Regaurdless of if you like them or not they are appart of the setting, and any world used for them ought to have them (aside from devilings).

Infact you took out 3 of the 4 core factions, so I would not use yours as the base setting for the very reason that it does not use them. Of the 3 remaining factions olny vampires were appart of the faction concept. Windsong were put in because they were very conceptualy strong, and fit well. Elementals were put in because they were neat, but the lore behind them is disputable.

If you are going to use such a world, I would appeciate it if note that your setting is not the main EoM setting.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote: If you are going to use such a world, I would appeciate it if note that your setting is not the main EoM setting.
You mean due to the fact that a few races are supposedly absent? I did not say those races would be excluded, I just haven't made plans for them yet.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

So you're going to make a world, inhabit it, then add in other things when you diside you like them? That does not sound like a good plan to me.

I think a problem going on here is that all the campains are decentralised, from the sounds of it, every single map-maker has his own map/idea (I do). Unless we don't want the campains centeralized to a single world, we should co-ordiate something, which would be hard consitering that we all have diffrent ideas, and have put work into them all.

I could be imperical and say that as maintainer my world is the "cannon" one, but that would be rather forcefull and awkward for people who have already been working on campains with a diffrent map.

I'm going to post my map. I'd like comments on the world set-up/arrangement/lore I'm going to present. If the geography in your maps does not match-up it could be in some other part of the world or such.

Firstly I propose that Myths have a seprate world altogether. This eliminates complications/need to avoid stepping on mainlines toes.

Races:
--Humans/Therians/Windsong :All technicaly the same race, but diffrent societies.
-Humans: there are a few mighty city states out there, but in general humans tend to get subjegated by the other races
-Therians: These humans are diffrent, having a diffrent society, and more magical powers (especialy shape shifting) these humans are more able to hold their own, have good relations with the warg, and are generaly peacefull with the celestials (but not always). Mostly live in the south, but there are a few places located more northward.
-Windsong: mysteriouse people, consisting completely of abducted female humans. Their numbers are few, and the goals/motives obscure, but they have massive libraries and towers full of books of ancheint lore, and strange powers. Humans hate them because they steal the most fit of their daughters right from under their noses. Most other races distrust them.
--Vampires: made out of humans, but diffrent. Will naturaly subjegate humans and rule them as lords
--Warg: Seprate race, tends to live in small clans/packs that are scattered about the world with nomadic tendancies, have good relations with the Therian humans with whom they feel they have a strange spirt brotherhood.
--Celestials: Probably the strongest military force in the world, for the sole reason that they are one unified nation with militaristic nature.
--Elementals: Not realy a people, just the avatars of the spirits of nature who defend it, and are scattered about wherever their element is strong. Can be controled by a magician of significant skill, but at consiterable cost to himself.
--Devilings: Scattered about the world are tribes of devilings who live for nothing more than to torment others. Devilings are ussualy nomadic, and due to their chaotic tendancies do not ussualy have enough force to ever pose a seriouse threat to any significant force. However for some strange reason some places will attract devilings that will stay their for long periods of time.

Map key
Normal castle=celestial city
Ruined castle=human/therian settlemnt
camp=warg tribal area
swamp castle=place where devilings gather
elf castle= Windsong tower/or citadel
Dark castle= vampire lord

I have labled the places that I plan to give significance to in my campain. which will mostly happen in the southeren most moutain range. I have labled the vampire lords that might be important, the celestial cities that I've given names, and a few places that will be important when I start on my windsong campain (though I'd like some imput from megane before I go to deep into that.
Attachments
EoM_map_lables.png
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote: So you're going to make a world, inhabit it, then add in other things when you diside you like them? That does not sound like a good plan to me.
I am making plans for the "excluded" races as we type. Also my world is far away from the known Eastern Lands so it should not step on mainline toes that much.