Lost gold :-(

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Guayasil

Lost gold :-(

Post by Guayasil »

Northern Rebirth -> Settling Disputes
I ended the previous scenario (Old Friend) with ~9000 pieces of gold. Unfortunately whene the Settling Disputes I don't have over 7000 pieces of gold (80% of it should be saved and transferred to the next scenario) but only 100 :-( Seems like a bug :-(
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Lost gold :-(

Post by Iris »

I have not played NR for a rather long time, but if I recall correctly it is explained in the story screens at some point. [/unreliable_comment]
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

If you didn't skip all story screens you'd see that the gold was stolen by a bunch of trolls. Reading what the game throws at you helps.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
theruler

Post by theruler »

Immerse myself into the storyline is one of the reasons that makes me love Wesnoth.
Could not be the case, bu I don't understand why a player should skip the text.
Chuck Norris' watch displays only an hour. Yours.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Mist wrote:If you didn't skip all story screens you'd see that the gold was stolen by a bunch of trolls. Reading what the game throws at you helps.
Wrong. This scenario takes place before "Stolen Gold". This is what the story text for "Settling Disputes" states:
Hamel wrote:Ye'll need to travel light to reach Highbrook Pass before the orcs mount another assault in force. I think ye should just take as much gold as you think ye'll need and leave the rest here. We'll store it in the tunnels furthest away from the attacking orcs in case they manage to break thorugh.
Spoilers:
Thus they start this scenario with a minimum amount of gold, which is set in this case to:
* 250g on Normal
* 200g on Challenging
* 100g on Difficult
* 80g on Nightmare

(I just read the WML :mrgreen:)

So yeah, the sudden loss of gold is intended.

More spoilers:
Of course, part of the plot is that the trolls steal the original gold amount later, as Mist said.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.