Hello, first post, quick question, and a contribution

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Hello, first post, quick question, and a contribution

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Hey, downloaded the game the other day, I love it. I'm actually a composer myself, I was wondering if you guys are still accepting contributions, after playing the game for a while I think I have one song that fits in with this genre, here is the link for it :

http://www.tylerjohnsonmusic.com/Orchestral.html

- The title of the track is Victory. I was thinking this could be like a "Mission Accomplished" song, check it out,
let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

EDIT: OK I just realized that this is an orchestral loop, so it won't work for you guys. I'll take any critiques though and I can work on something.
mus0

Re: Hello, first post, quick question, and a contribution

Post by mus0 »

Im not to good at the technical side of things - critiquing samples is deeeefinately going to be a pot calling the kettle black situation but it sounds a bit 'synthy' in places for me - especially when the strings and brass are playing together. Also - what do you define as orchestral loop? If the piece is made up of loop created by someone else then that probably wouldn't cut it mate but I assume its okay if you use a bit of sneaky copy and pasting on 'A' sections, themes and passages if the original source material is your work cos lets face it - Mozart used a hell of a lot of repeats right? :wink:

Musically it certainly lives up to its name though! It gets straight to the victory bit - which I would imagine is pretty essential as 'victory music' isn't going to be listened to the end all that much - unless the person in question enjoys basking in it a bit!? Nice chord changes to, I like the mid section where the opening chordal statement returns in the major, then instantly modulates back to the minor - actually, nice one writing victory music that starts in a minor key! I personally think the oboe tune is weeeeeeell cheesy - but it certainly works... maybe a bit too much

Anyway - good work man! I'm sure other will be able to give you much better feedback but that's my contribution!

Peace

(ps - I really like your 'underwater' tune!)
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Thanks mus0, yeah I hear you on the Oboe cheese, I thought that when I wrote it...it's not a loop in the sense that I copied and pasted, that song is 100% original I just meant that it loops.

I wrote these using my Roland Fantom X-8 so yes, they do sound a tad synthy. I m currently in the process of purchasing the Garriton Orchestra Bank, and unfortunately these are not MIDI fiels so I would have to rewrite them in Sibelius to produce an awesome sounding piece. I guess i'll get crackin' on that :mrgreen:
marcusvinicius

Post by marcusvinicius »

Hi Tyler Johnson!I like your music but i think this little repetive for Vitory music ,your need more impressive arrange.
For the synth sounds solution, you can download medium to high quality soundfonts in the internet
for make more real sounds, I like the squidfont, really not is a high quality sound
like a GPO but make good results!

Good work!
Listen to the music
O que faz de mim ser o que sou. É gostar de ir por onde ninguém for