Minotaur Faction : The Era Of Strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Espreon
Inactive Developer

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.2.4 on add-ons list

Post by Espreon »

Lukasiniho wrote:Hi,
I think there should be more balancing. The Shaman is way to strong.
Well I guess I could make the Shaman more frail, but I need more people to say that the Shaman is overpowered.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

The whole Shaman tree is overpowered, really. Compare them to the mainline Mage tree; they've got more HP, better mobility, regen, and tons more damage, not to mention that the Warlock has two damage types and the Mystic floats.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Espreon wrote:
Lukasiniho wrote:Hi,
I think there should be more balancing. The Shaman is way to strong.
Well I guess I could make the Shaman more frail, but I need more people to say that the Shaman is overpowered.
The Shaman is overpowered. :P Way too much so.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

So what shall I do to remedy this dilemma? Should I make the entire Shaman line super frail?
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Easy: lower their damage. Or their Hp. Or both. The point is, look at a human Mage, and at your Shaman; for every bit your Shaman is better than the Mage at one thing, it needs to be worse at something else, and currently it's better at -everything-.

I'd say change the damages to 6-2 staff, 7-3 arcane for the Shaman, 6-3 staff, 8-3 arcane for the Mystic, and 8-2 staff, 11-3 arcane, 9-3 fire for the Warlock.

Edit: specified damage types
Last edited by megane on April 16th, 2008, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

You didn't specify which damage types you wanted removed megane. Perhaps another thing that could be done is to change magical to marksman for the Shaman.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

megane wrote:Easy: lower their damage. Or their Hp. Or both. The point is, look at a human Mage, and at your Shaman; for every bit your Shaman is better than the Mage at one thing, it needs to be worse at something else, and currently it's better at -everything-.

I'd say change the damages to 6-2 staff, 7-3 arcane for the Shaman, 6-3 staff, 8-3 arcane for the Mystic, and 8-2 staff, 11-3 arcane, 9-3 fire for the Warlock.

Edit: specified damage types
You forgot the Elder.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Also, don't forget that there is nothing wrong with having one faction's shaman unit being more powerful than another's in every way, it is more important to compare factions rather than single units. Still, the shaman does need a reduction in HP and power. The one thing I can't stand is how slow these guys move. Is there any way you could make them twice as likely to have the quick trait as any other? If I remember correctly, there is a list of possible traits for units or factions, perhaps you could enter the quick trait twice.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Darth Jordius wrote:If I remember correctly, there is a list of possible traits for units or factions, perhaps you could enter the quick trait twice.
Maybe. It is possible, maybe I will do it since I am a bit annoyed of how slow they are.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Only problem is, you don't want them to get two fast traits.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Darth Jordius wrote:Only problem is, you don't want them to get two fast traits.
Exactly, but I can make it so it is twice as likely, w/o having that occur, it's very easy too.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Re: Minotaur Faction : The Era Of Strife

Post by Quietus »

Ok, i did a serious re-vamp of the first page. It reverted back to a much older version during the server crash, and thus it needed a little updating. The main reason im reviving this, is because soon i will have all the new images done, and thus the new units will be playable, and there will be some balancing issues that might need to be addressed. Also any opinions on my new units, or ideas on possible changes to units are extremly welcome. Even if I dont feel they would fit into the faction itself, I am making 2 campaigns where I can have plenty of new unit choices.

Thanks everyone for the support over the last 8 or so months :) Time flies when you're having fun
Last edited by Quietus on August 20th, 2008, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

New units, eh?

Well, how 'bout guardian statues? Magical statues which are made out of stone and are powered by a crystal. These would serve as the tanks of the Minotaurs...

Guardian Statue
Lv 1
Mechanical
fist (impact) 10-2
energy beam (fire or arcane) 5-3 (?)

Stone Golem
Lv2
Mechanical
mace (impact) 15-2
energy beam (fire or arcane) 7-3

Gargantuan Golem
Lv3
Mechanical
mace (impact) 22-2
energy beam (fire or arcane) 10-3

Stone Paladin
Lv3
Mechanical
sword (blade) (counter) 9-4
energy beam (fire or arcane) 10-3
ice beam (maybe) (cold) (slow) 8-2
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Hmm as a new unit I would say no. It just doesnt seem to fit in my opinion :hmm:

However it did give me an idea of perhaps having a "souless type" unit. I.e. the mystic has the plauge ability added to his melee (which could be an attack from crystals) The victim, once killed, is turned into a crystal golem, which is a weak lvl 0 unit unable to level any further.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Quietus wrote:Hmm as a new unit I would say no. It just doesnt seem to fit in my opinion :hmm:

However it did give me an idea of perhaps having a "souless type" unit. I.e. the mystic has the plauge ability added to his melee (which could be an attack from crystals) The victim, once killed, is turned into a crystal golem, which is a weak lvl 0 unit unable to level any further.
Would these Crystal Golems be able to further spread like WCs can?

IMO my idea makes the crystals sound more menacing...

Besides giving a levitating unit with 6 MP plague would be unbalanced and make it a bit too powerful...