Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Re: Don´t forget alking corpse variations

Post by Espreon »

Neoskel wrote:
Espreon wrote: I got them working. I packed the working files into a zip file.

Just extract it in the root of your Wesnoth install.

I am gonna implement these little guys in my campaign as the undead are a major part of the antagonist's army.
Um, i haven't tested them yet, but you got the wrong base frame i think. Cuz now when it defends it looks like his feet move instea of his upper body (He's still trying to boogie!)
No the base frame is OK (in game). I couldn't fully test it, lemme fully test it by fiddling with the faction.cfg file so the Northerners can only recruit the Goblin Spearman line!

I think I might of saved the defense frame as the base frame (they look so similar!)
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Espreon wrote: No the base frame is OK (in game). I couldn't fully test it, lemme fully test it by fiddling with the faction.cfg file so the Northerners can only recruit the Goblin Spearman line!

I think I might of saved the defense frame as the base frame (they look so similar!)
No, you just have the old base frame and the new defense frame. I had to shift them a couple pixels to line up with the death animation.

I posted the newer base frame with the death frames.
Attachments
zombie-goblin.png
zombie-goblin.png (1.91 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Zombie bat north frames.
Attachments
zombie-bat-ne.gif
zombie-bat-ne.gif (3.31 KiB) Viewed 5363 times
zombie-bat-ne.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

megane, you are the best! :D
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

And this should be in Art Contributions.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Commited*. In the process, boucman, Jetryl and I discovered a nice engine bug, but the graphics should work as expected in the next 1.4 release.

Except, of course, that Soulless bat will use WC bat's graphics for the time being, until someone makes proper ones for L1.

*: id est, thanks. :)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

With the zombie bat why are the outside err... fingers(?) white? It makes them look kind of like feathers, especially with the dark tips.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

irrevenant wrote:With the zombie bat why are the outside err... fingers(?) white? It makes them look kind of like feathers, especially with the dark tips.
It's bare bone.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

South Gobbie Zobbie.
Attachments
zombie-goblin-attack-s.png
zombie-goblin-attack-s.png (1.75 KiB) Viewed 4781 times
mameluke

Post by mameluke »

Neoskel wrote:
irrevenant wrote:With the zombie bat why are the outside err... fingers(?) white? It makes them look kind of like feathers, especially with the dark tips.
It's bare bone.
I'm sorry to say this... but it really looks like feathers! Maybe to much black at the end?
I don't see any problems with an elf-woman hitting somebody with a mace...
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

mameluke wrote:
Neoskel wrote: It's bare bone.
I'm sorry to say this... but it really looks like feathers! Maybe to much black at the end?
No, no it really doesn't. It's just that theres still green flesh at the tips, the rest is just a result of your over imagining that it looks like feathers. Remember that there are ransparent holes in the wing, so the 'feather' effect is mostly because of the pale background, which won't happen in game.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Bare bones on wings? Perhaps if WWR (Wesnoth Were Real) they'd get an MP nerf.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Neoskel wrote:
mameluke wrote:I'm sorry to say this... but it really looks like feathers! Maybe to much black at the end?
No, no it really doesn't. It's just that theres still green flesh at the tips, the rest is just a result of your over imagining that it looks like feathers. Remember that there are transparent holes in the wing, so the 'feather' effect is mostly because of the pale background, which won't happen in game.
It really does look like feathers in a couple of frames, but if you say that doesn't occur in actual Wesnoth terrain I believe you. (I'd check it against snow, though).

On a different tack, it might be a good idea to change it anyway since (AFAIK) the zombie bat's flight isn't magical and it wouldn't be able to fly with big holes in its wings. Perhaps it would be better to focus the zombification on the body?
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Darth Jordius wrote:Bare bones on wings? Perhaps if WWR (Wesnoth Were Real) they'd get an MP nerf.
They do. A pretty huge one, from 8 to 5.

As for the wings looking feathery: I think they look fine, and like the creepy effect of something flying which, rationally, should be incapable of flight. Further, I can't think of any other way to make a tiny bat look sufficiently dead to differentiate it from the living one.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

megane wrote:
Darth Jordius wrote:Bare bones on wings? Perhaps if WWR (Wesnoth Were Real) they'd get an MP nerf.
They do. A pretty huge one, from 8 to 5.

As for the wings looking feathery: I think they look fine, and like the creepy effect of something flying which, rationally, should be incapable of flight. Further, I can't think of any other way to make a tiny bat look sufficiently dead to differentiate it from the living one.
Futher, why they say these can't fly by unnatural means? after all the normal zombies shouldn't also be able to move either, but they do. The magic does the same on these.

Now enjoy the nice dead bat. Ok. :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."