Tamers 0.4.1: updated 5/14/2008

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

deoxy

Tamers 0.4.1: updated 5/14/2008

Post by deoxy »

If anyone cares, I'm trying to get Tamers updated for 1.4.

Previous thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18901

Wiki entry: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Tamers

I don't have as much time as I used to, but there were a few features I wanted that weren't available in 1.2, so I was waiting for them...

We'll see how this goes. Anyone interested?
Last edited by deoxy on May 15th, 2008, 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Insert nifty witticism here... if only I had one.
Valenwood

Re: Tamers for 1.4

Post by Valenwood »

I am looking forward to see you release the Tamers on 1.4, and finding it on the campaign server! :) You are doing a good job; keep it up! :D
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

Wow, been about 4 weeks, and it's still not on the server... sorry for the delay! I dug into the WML pretty hard, trying to do some odd things (some of which worked, some of which didn't), then life got in the way...

I'm going to try to get them functional and posted this weekend. It won't be everything I want, but hey, gotta start somewhere.
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

OK, it's finally up.

I don't claim that it's done and perfect (or perfectly balanced), but it's quite playable.

Your feedback appreciated.
sam_waz_here

Re: Tamers for 1.4 - on the server and awaiting your feedback!

Post by sam_waz_here »

I just download it... What is the point of that free xp lvl 5 unit?
It is lvl 5 has 1 health and no incredible abilities or attacks what so ever.
Is there any use or is it just a joke unit?
Where is the love?
deoxy

Re: Tamers for 1.4 - on the server and awaiting your feedback!

Post by deoxy »

sam_waz_here wrote:I just download it... What is the point of that free xp lvl 5 unit?
It is lvl 5 has 1 health and no incredible abilities or attacks what so ever.
Is there any use or is it just a joke unit?
Yeah, um, that...

I created it to make it easy to test the AMLA development I was doing, and I just forgot to take it out. Sorry! Luckily, not only is there no reason for a human player to ever get one, it's set so that the computer won't ever recruit them, either.

I've already removed it from my development copy, so it will be gone in the next version.

Also, in the next version, I'm upping the damage on the hunter a little and bumping the cost from 15 to 17. The defense values on a several units are getting bumped down a little on a few terrains (narrowing focus to forest, village, and castle terrains as their "home" terrain), and the hydra is going to get one more bite attack (adding Swarm to the bite attack was a little bit too much of a nerf, as the loss of a single hp removes one attack... at first level, it's only got 2 attacks, so that's pretty harsh).

I'm also looking at removing Skirmish from the Hatchling and giving it a couple more HP instead. I may add an AMLA line that gives Skirmish at some point, to make up for it (not sure yet).

Oh, and I'm bumping the damage value on the warrior up 1 point.

Basically, the faction had a good "hard to hit, doesn't hurt you much" flavor going (what I want), but a little TOO much, such that games get too slow, which is no fun.

I'll try to get the next version up over the weekend.

Oh, and I've got someone signed up to make some sprites! Yay!!! No more pathetic, sucky sprites made by me! :-)

Edit: OK, I got it done early - changes on server as of now! yay.