Extended era era of myth problems

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

elrondaragorn

Extended era era of myth problems

Post by elrondaragorn »

vampire bat factions seem to missing their images when I play, and the AI players in a game I've been playing seem to do dumb things like moving the king further and further from the keep and leaving themselves open to attack and unable to recruit units in almost every wesnoth 1.4 for mac game I play where I have a computer playing. At first I thought it was sending out scouting units-but that's all it sends out-e.g. no lizzard riders for the dark elves, only scout units, e.g. nothing but vampire bats for vampires-no vampires, Devlings send out plenty of differet units, but the AI kings don't stay in their keeps or recruit anything but scouting units. The kings only wander out of range of the keep and stay at a village even when there are a mass of enemy units nearby about to lay seige to their castle and kill them. I'm using a 9 player maximum sized random map Island with a large number of large sized hills, maximum castle size, and some of the factions have been given more gold than others-which means they should be recruiting lots of troops, and yet the computer player only recruits a few scouting units even with plenty of gold to recruit lots more.

-elrondaragorn
when God says no he's got a good reason even if we don't understand it
Darth Jordius

Re: Extended era era of myth problems

Post by Darth Jordius »

The Wesnoth AI, although very good for the difficulty level of making it, is not hard at all and very predictable. I really can't give you any suggestion except to play online.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The number of scouts the ai recruits is based of the map size/# of villages. So on big maps it will recruit more scouts. After it recruits what it has calculated as the right number of scouts it will go into a programed build order of unit funtions and pick it's favorite unit for that funtion.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
lastdragon

Post by lastdragon »

ee and erom are unbalanced eras
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

lastdragon wrote:ee and erom are unbalanced eras
This is the most insightful post ever posted by anyone, ever. Kudos.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm working on it, eventualy EoM will be balanced with-in itself at the very least.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."