New Ranged Way to Attack

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Me1234

New Ranged Way to Attack

Post by Me1234 »

has anyone ever played the Age of Wonders games?? i think that the ranged attacks in wesnoth should be similar. like the ranged units have a certain chance of hitting an enemy but they also have a chance of hitting an allied unit that is between the shooter and the target. you should play the game and see what i mean. any other thought on this?? praise?? criticism?? fire away at the idea.
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
megane
Art Contributor

Re: New Ranged Way to Attack

Post by megane »

Uh. There's... no way a unit can be between a shooter and his target. They are, by definition, in adjacent hexes, with no space between them.

If you mean I should hit the guys 60 degrees to either side of the target, then it's... just a bad idea. Sorry. Maybe in UMC, as a very specific weapon special, but even then it'd be kinda pointless.

Also, any and all arguments aside, multi-hex attacks in mainline are a dead no-no as per the sticky.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Ranged Way to Attack

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

With your phrasing, it sounds like you mean to implement multi-hex ranges.

As stated, this cannot be so.

So unless you were actually talking about something totally different than what it sounds like you were talking about, consider this thread soft-locked.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.