out of the frying pan

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cdjflip

out of the frying pan

Post by cdjflip »

Im at the part, right before i reenter the outside world. every time i try it i get screwed cuz i cant reach the messenger in time and my army, given enough time, could destroy the enemy army. any suggestions?
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

and what campaign are you playing?? and what version of wesnoth are you running??
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
cdjflip

Post by cdjflip »

oh sorry, new to the forum.
its Under the Burning Suns campaign, and im playin 1.2.8.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Well, since you know you're going to want to catch the messenger, and that he wants to reach the north edge, you should start sending scouts and quick archers NE. I don't see how you can fail to catch him then. :)

If you still have problems with this, attach a replay that people can comment on.
cdjflip

Post by cdjflip »

the scouts i do have suck so they usually get destroyed by the messenger by the time they reach him. do i need to kill the messenger or can i just stall for time with my scouts and kill the leader with my main army?
zxcvbnm12235

Re: out of the frying pan

Post by zxcvbnm12235 »

I recalled a lot of my lvl 2/3 units BEFORE any of my units left the left the cave. Pretty much overpowered the leader in 4 turns before the messengers arrived, lol