Upgrading scenarios to 1.4

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Upgrading scenarios to 1.4

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

I just upgraded my Wesnoth installation and obviously I want to get my in-progress campaigns working on the new setup as well. The first complaint I got was to do with the maps, they need a header now and the terrains are encoded in two-character cells.

Is there an easy way to upgrade existing maps into the new format? What else needs to be changed for the upgrade?
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
AI
Developer

Re: Upgrading scenarios to 1.4

Post by AI »

wmllint will all do it for you.

if you configured with --enable-python-install, they should be in your $PATH, else, look in data/tools
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

I don't have wmllint, it doesn't seem to ship with the Debian package. Can it be downloaded separately?
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

It's a python script in data/tools and as such should be present in any package. Anyway
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth/trun ... 6&view=log
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
Rhonda
Site Administrator

Post by Rhonda »

Sgt. Groovy wrote:I don't have wmllint, it doesn't seem to ship with the Debian package. Can it be downloaded separately?

Code: Select all

:~$ cat /usr/share/doc/wesnoth/TODO.Debian 
create wesnoth-tools package containing:
 -  debian/tmp/usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/tools/
 - chmod +x on the scripts (wmllint, wmlscope, wmlindent, others?)
 - byte-compile .py modules?
I'm sorry for not having done that yet, but it's not forgotten nor lost. Right now I am a bit unsure about how to proceed with it, especially with respect to the lines with questionmarks after it. Where to install the files to (/usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/tools maybe?) and how to make it to follow the python policy which I haven't properly read yet due to not being too much into python yet ...

Any suggestions or hints in that direction would be truly appreciated, especially since it might make sense to rush that a bit because of ubuntu hard freeze.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I'd say the package wesnoth-tools would be equivalent to the --enable-python-install option, meaning throwing the three main scripts a+x into the same directory as the other wesnoth binaries (wherever that is).

I'm not sure what you should do with the data/tools stuff, but it stands to reason (again having no idea about debian policy on these things) to just throw it in there with this package.