Spoilers: how does Heir To The Throne end?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Okay, enough jokes....what really happens is that it turns out that Li'sar is actually Asheviere in disguise; she used some deep magic to make herself look younger. At the end you have to fight her. Just hope you didn't give her the Scepter of Fire.
Just by reading up the Wesnoth History in the wiki , he'll know the ending....Or am I the only guy interested in that type of detail?
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

gotrek860 wrote:
Okay, enough jokes....what really happens is that it turns out that Li'sar is actually Asheviere in disguise; she used some deep magic to make herself look younger. At the end you have to fight her. Just hope you didn't give her the Scepter of Fire.
Just by reading up the Wesnoth History in the wiki , he'll know the ending....Or am I the only guy interested in that type of detail?
Wikis can be wrong, if someone vandalizes it. Another more likely alternative is that wikis can be out of date, especially the Wesnoth wiki (there's even a topic on the out-of-date articles).
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

gotrek860 wrote:
So he can look at the Wiki, or he can listen to the guy who actually wrote the storyline.

Which do you think he should believe? :-p

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Yeah, Dave ought to know, since he's the one to blame for the storyline in the first place.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
scott

Post by scott »

Darth Jordius wrote:Yeah, Dave ought to know, since he's the one to blame for the storyline in the first place.
Too true. I can't claim to have written the ending, but I did inject a heavy dose of cheese.

Why aren't all of these guys out writing campaigns?? I really like the one involving Baldras.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Temuchin Khan wrote:
Thrawn wrote:I'd say the actual ending, but it's more unbelievable than some of the suggestions, and he wouldn't believe me XD
Too true.
The author of the thread has given up in disgust by now, I'd wager:
Your army kills Ashveire as the objective the final scenario. Shortly before this, Delfador reveals to Konrad that he (Konrad) is not actually the true heir to the throne, as the heir was killed only shortly before Delfador arrived to save him. Delfador decided to adopt a baby boy and pretend that he was the heir, so as to give the rebellion hope and someone to rally around.
When Ashveire is finally killed, Konrad and Lisar marry and Lisar becomes Queen of Wesnoth. They have two sons and a daughter. Delfador becomes Lisar's chief advisory until dying peacefully of old age.

:twisted:

EDIT: Woah, hey there scott! Haven't seen you in a while. :D
hey.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Scott's been gone since '06.

Is this return permanent?
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
db0

Post by db0 »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Scott's been gone since '06.

I've been gone since '06 and noone made a note when I returned :(

:) Of course, I only joined in '06 as well but that's beside the point
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

So he can look at the Wiki, or he can listen to the guy who actually wrote the storyline.

Which do you think he should believe? :-p
none since wesnoth is in a time warp where past and present actually always change. In the actual ending Konrad is the queen of Wesnoth, Delfador is an orc and he helps the little girl Asheviere to escape from the evil muncchkins.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Okay, now here's the true ending: Konrad finally meets Asheviere at the battlefield, but before he's able to strike her she shouts "STOP!" and offers him a delicious cookie if he goes home and never comes back again. Konrad accepts and returns to his home forest with Delfador, killing Kalenz and Li'sar on the way. Konrad and Delfador live out their days together with the walking corpses of Galdrad and Chantal, not knowing anything about what Asheviere is going to do in the future and not wanting to know it either. - The End -
scott

Post by scott »

Hello again. Sorry, it's not. I look in from time to time, and I'm glad to see that things are moving along well. I just couldn't resist this thread.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Scratch all that, I just finished it today and at the end Konrad decides to throw a party in Orodruin, and then Kalenz bites his hand holding the Sceptre of Fire off at the wrist, and then falls to his death. Then a bunch of Gryphon riders swoop down and rescue all of the heroes, except a Dwarfish Lord known to us all as Thror. :P
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

scott wrote:

Hello again. Sorry, it's not. I look in from time to time, and I'm glad to see that things are moving along well. I just couldn't resist this thread.
whats funny is that Maeglin is pretty much gone now too... <_<

Too bad you aren't around so much...I hope that real life tm is treating you well ;)
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Federalist marshal
Art Contributor

Post by Federalist marshal »

Am I the only one who has noticed that we seem to have driven off the guy who started this thread?
cool evil

Post by cool evil »

You're all wrong.

Spoilers here

Trick question: It is known for a fact that Konrad and Li'sar marries in the end, but is that incest?

The answers will be revealed in the next episode of Wesnoth trivia, stay tuned for the commercial folks.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!