New Unit Idea: Flaming Berserk Bat

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

irrevenant wrote:
deoxy wrote: Second this.
Disagree. Imps are a type of demon. This is not a demon, it's a bat.
Scrap the graphic. The unit concept makes more sense with imp art:

Since when can bats use fire??
Insert nifty witticism here... if only I had one.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dogbert: "it's a good story. We'd like to publish it, but you need to make a few changes - insert some happy, upbeat songs and eliminate the murder."
Author: "it's a murder mystery!"
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Wasn't this thing an OLD joke on the forums? Or am I getting it mixed up with the fire ghost?
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

It's a glowing fish thing ;)

and me, as #2 supporter
I mean we have a image and stats for it already XD.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Isen

Post by Isen »

deoxy wrote: Scrap the graphic. The unit concept makes more sense with imp art:

Since when can bats use fire??
Bats can't. Flaming Berserker Bats, on the other hand...

Better watch your step.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Master Stilgar wrote:Wasn't this thing an OLD joke on the forums? Or am I getting it mixed up with the fire ghost?
a joke?

To paraphrase Blood Ninja, ain't nothing funny about a berserk, flaming bat charging your A**.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Glowing Fish wrote:
Master Stilgar wrote:Wasn't this thing an OLD joke on the forums? Or am I getting it mixed up with the fire ghost?
a joke?

To paraphrase Blood Ninja, ain't nothing funny about a berserk, flaming bat charging your A**.
So it has charge now too? Cool.

I think this is a bit powerful for a lvl 0 bat, so perhaps raise the HP and have it as a possible promotion off of the vampire bat.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Aethaeryn wrote:So it has charge now too? Cool.

I think this is a bit powerful for a lvl 0 bat, so perhaps raise the HP and have it as a possible promotion off of the vampire bat.
I'm not sure if Charge is an increase in power for a L0 - it's pretty much suicidal to use when you only have 12hp.
littlebeast

Post by littlebeast »

irrevenant wrote:
deoxy wrote: Second this.
Disagree. Imps are a type of demon. This is not a demon, it's a bat.
Call it a firebat and confuse everyone who's ever played Starcraft :P

Also, if you removed the berserk and converted it to l2 it would actually maybe be a good addition to, like, mainline. Or maybe an alternate l1. Yeah, that's probably better.
Hiatus, epitome, colonel, sadist, Tucson, behemoth, quixote...
Okay, how many of those did you pronounce wrong?

My (very incomplete) campaign.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

littlebeast wrote:
irrevenant wrote: Disagree. Imps are a type of demon. This is not a demon, it's a bat.
Call it a firebat and confuse everyone who's ever played Starcraft :P

Also, if you removed the berserk and converted it to l2 it would actually maybe be a good addition to, like, mainline. Or maybe an alternate l1. Yeah, that's probably better.
You know, I am an animal lover. And I want all of you to cherish all of our brethern on this planet. But! Do this little thought experiment. Take a bat, a macropterya, to be precise, and douse it with something that is like gasoline, only created by vile black magics, light it up, and send it out to attack its enemies. Does it give a mild attempt at hitting them, and then sit next to them for the next four hours, placidly? NO! It will keep on attacking them, blindly thrashing around as it tries to escape the pain of flame, necromancy, and its own mockery of life.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Edward V Riley

Post by Edward V Riley »

Sounds good if the abilities are all melee. not too powerful, but interesting new character, and I'm all for new units.

Perhaps a Non beserker Ranged attack? Sonic screech? Perhaps does 3-2 damage? Bats often use their screeches to paralyze their prey, and I don't know about you but an ear piercing screech is certainly a little damaging to one's constitution.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I'd just like you all to know that, in my opinion, the only thing funnier than Glowing Fish's original idea is how people have responded to it. Kudos to Glowing Fish. I'm going to go spam FBB's now.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Does it really helps the developement of the game (UMC included) ?
I dont think so...
This topic os now soft-locked
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Guys, the whole idea of a flaming berserker bat is for it to be just that, not a non-berserking bat with a cold ranged attack. How is that any different from a ghost? Anyway, if you want to try playing as a fiery berserking blood bat, just download Survival Xtreme and play as a bat. You can buy different weapons and upgrade them, including a fire sword which is a berserking melee attack. Then it's just major butt kicking for the rest of the game, except on Mad Mode...
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!