Sounds bank!

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hiro hito

Sounds bank!

Post by hiro hito »

Hi,

maybe are you looking for new units' sounds?

I creates some that can help you; you can use it as they are or you can even take it as a base of work...

I tried to make some variations of each sounds to give you more choice.
There are several sound per Zip folder, and sometimes several sounds per sequence.

The names i gave to each file is very "subjective": they just give you an idea of what the sound sounds like...

Each file is in Ogg Vorbis type.

I hope you will enjoy it....

Maybe are you looking for more sounds, then i may help you if you ask me and try to tell what kind of sound you need....
Attachments
arrow .zip
(64.15 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
arrow+fire+impact.zip
(153.75 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
axe.zip
(58.57 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
bite.zip
(26.65 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
horse.zip
(74.62 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
hiro hito

Re: Sounds bank!

Post by hiro hito »

hiro hito wrote:Hi,

maybe are you looking for new units' sounds?
Attachments
human scream.zip
(175.95 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
knife.zip
(50.22 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
punch.zip
(22.59 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
sling.zip
(145.49 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
steel weapons.zip
(101 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Ok, there's a few that sound like we could use them...

axe1.ogg/axe2.ogg could be used for or as a part of a new mace/hammer sound.

The sling sounds are pretty good, I'll try to use those to create new variations of the existing ones.

The horse sounds are pretty good too, I'll see if I can use them to create some more horse sounds.

Most of the others don't sound like better than the current ones to me. They could have some other uses, but I can't immediately think of any.

Do note that long sounds are rather unwieldy for combat animations: the fire arrow sounds for example are too long. If you look at how long the animation actually lasts, it's about 400ms, whereas your sounds last about 2000ms before the impact sound.

Also, as I asked in the other thread previously, could you detail a little bit on how you actually made these? Just curious.

EDIT: Oh, and I was unable to extract anything from arrow.zip.
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

zookeeper wrote:Also, as I asked in the other thread previously, could you detail a little bit on how you actually made these? Just curious.
I'd also like to know how you make these sounds. Did you record them yourself? And if not, where did they come from?
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

West wrote:
zookeeper wrote:Also, as I asked in the other thread previously, could you detail a little bit on how you actually made these? Just curious.
I'd also like to know how you make these sounds. Did you record them yourself? And if not, where did they come from?

Hi,

I actually have free time but I used to be sound ingenier for recording studio, concert, ect.....

I have my own sound bank that I complete each time I had some work to do for theatre or TV/Radio advertisment or other sound tapes....

I always founded wesnoth'sounds great ( particulary the music) and as a long time player I wanted to contribuate to wesnoth's developement.

Unfortunaly, I used to use computer for music(or sounds) only but I am not a "informatic developper" (which i would like to learn!).
Btw, I use to record music and mix it, but I dont think i can contribuate to wesnoth'music cause i play pop/rock music.... But i would like to mix a good orchestration for wesnoth!!!

So the sounds you download come from my own sound collection, or from a mix works between several sounds from my personal recording or royalty free sounds found on the web! I work on Protools (at home).

You can find the arrow.ZIP that must be corrupted last upload, the fire attacks.ZIP(from last thread) in OGG type....

I will try to make shorter sound.

I will working on magical&monster's sound in the next days....

Otherwise are you searching for sounds in particulary?
Will be there some move's sound in next game's version? ( like spearman walking, gryphon flyin, or merman swimmin?)

Thanks!
Attachments
arrow.zip
(64.14 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
fire attacks.zip
(414.43 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

Hi!

*Some monsters' sound : ghost, drakes, troll....
*some impact sounds....(rocklobber'one is not bad!)

Hope you appreciate!.....
Attachments
monster.zip
(338.33 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
impact.zip
(41.93 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

I like the ghoul one! :)
hiro hito wrote:royalty free sounds found on the web
Are you sure we can use those?
I was searching and for example this page says that if the sounds are used in educational or personal not-for-profit programs and projects they can be used without expense. That is great.
But, "RoyaltyFreeMusic.com is the copyright owner of all sound effects posted on this page", so I think that if we use that sounds they can not be distributed as GPL. Or I am wrong?

Do you have the exactly web pages from where you take the sounds?
In quechquixcauh maniz cemanahuatl, ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo, yn itauhca in Mexico-Tenochtitlan
As long as the world exists, no one will forget the glory and honor of Mexico-Tenochtitlan - Culhuacan memorial
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

jdsampayo wrote:
Do you have the exactly web pages from where you take the sounds?

i.e; you can see this page where i founded a lot of nice sounds...

But i never used those sounds like they are... I like work on them with some plug-in or mixing them together.... btw i don't think that the few sounds I take from royaltyfreesound can be an illicite fact cause I worked on them and they dont look like they were...(my mistake was certainly to make advertisement of it). Plus I have my own sound banks which it helps me a lot :)

I am happy you like them....
Iam working on magical' sound now....
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

ok, sorry to bother you, continue with your great work :)
In quechquixcauh maniz cemanahuatl, ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo, yn itauhca in Mexico-Tenochtitlan
As long as the world exists, no one will forget the glory and honor of Mexico-Tenochtitlan - Culhuacan memorial
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

Hi,

you can find magical attacks: maybe for Dark adept, augure... and be for entangle attack... you'll see!

In other stuff.ZIP, you can find some undead sounds(walkin corpse), new axe or impact.... you will see(hear!).
Attachments
magical attack.zip
(352.71 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
other stuff.zip
(239.91 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

Hi,

2 new sounds folders:

1: I call it UI sounds: if you are interesting by user interface sound, you can find sounds for "friend log/leave the lobby" or "someone chat" or a book sound for "the tome of wesnoth"....

2: I call it unit level up: if you want you can use it when a unit is changing level (level1 to level2 to level3, ect...). They look like magical sound so maybe some of them can be use for magical attack...

Also you can use it for different action, the names are just subjectives...

tell me what you think about it or if you need other sounds!( or not :roll: )

Thanks
Attachments
UI sounds.zip
(77.99 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
unit level up.zip
(266.75 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

i noticed that Dark Adept has same sound (when he is hit) than many other units...

Imo, Dark Adept should not have same voice than the other "human" ... he 's almost dead in some way?!....

So i made something that can be interesting for him...or for other unit/faction...

What you think?
Attachments
Dark Adept death.ogg.zip
dark adept scream .ogg file
(93.75 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary