1.3.7 Recall List duplication bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
santi
Lord of Wesmere

1.3.7 Recall List duplication bug

Post by santi »

I just noticed that I have duplicated units on my recall list when I play from a previous save.
Has this been addressed before? If note, here is a procedure to reproduce the problem(observed ion Linux, but I suspect it has nothing to do with the OS):

-download the latest version of Legend of Wesmere(assuming you have 1.3.7)
-get and unzip the save, "The_Elvish_Treasury_Turn_10a.zip" in
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17905
-Look at the recall list, there is no duplication.
-Then hit end turn,(the scenario is already won) and move on to the next scenario.
-See if the recall list has duplication(it does for me). If it does, wouldn't that be helful in debugging?
Can someone confirm they also get the duplication problem?
esr
Retired Developer

Look for store/unstore operations

Post by esr »

The devs have been wrestling with similar problems in The South Guard. zookeeper fixed tSG not to duplicate recalls any more but isn't sure what change was relevant.

My guess is the bug is triggered by some complex pattern of WML involving store/unstore operations in events. Try simplifying or eliminating those, if you have any.

If you figure out how to solve this problem, tell the devs so we can warn future WML authors what not to do!
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Well, in the link mentioned, Zookeeper himself says this bug has not been fixed. Interestingly enough, I did NOT get this behavior the first time I played the campaign, so if it is a WML bug, it is one that surfaces only
in conjunction with saves. There are no store/unstore operations between the scenario whose save is given and the next scenario, where the bug appears.
There are store/unstore operations in later scenaria, could the fact that I wentto the save after having played the store/unstore scenario be relevant? If so, I'll get rid of saved games to check.
Is there a way (debug mode) to see what part of WML is responsible for this behavior?
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

Here is a savegame that always results in duplicate units in the recall list when i start the next scenario.
version: 1.3.8 compiled from source with defaults
system: ubuntu 7.04
Attachments
xThe_Siege_Of_Barag_Gór_Turn_23.gz
end of a scenario in Son of The Black-Eye campaign
(88.15 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

This is a bug that was introduced with some major changes in the savegame format (i have to admit it was probably me who did that).

However, if you try to reproduce it, please don't use older savegames but those of the current release instead. If the problem still persists, i will take another look at it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

Yogi Bear wrote: However, if you try to reproduce it, please don't use older savegames but those of the current release instead.
when you say current do you mean newer than 1.3.8?
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

No, 1.3.8 is fine as well.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!