Dov's MP Pack - Now with Shops Era

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nosmos

Post by Nosmos »

Orocia: expanded shrine bonus to terrain next to shrine, per popular request
i think you should that change back again :)
like the first version it can be done with 6 ghosts
i think you could even do this without losses when you move the ghosts a bit during the mage wave
Attachments
3p_-_Orocia_replay_done.zip
(24.78 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Truper

Post by Truper »

Drain has broken more fantasy games than any other feature. It is to the developer's credit that it is not broken in default era Wesnoth.

Perhaps what is needed is an era specifically for games in which stat increases are possible, which would remove drain from bats and ghosts.
Kalis

Post by Kalis »

well here's one that I completed with Krimzon, Alf, and I.
We used 3 chaotic factions: Undead, Chaos, and Sidhe which meant no healers.
Despite that, we almost cleared the map on turn 39. There were only 12-13 enemy units left.

The main reason was because of the new expanded shrine. My Sidhe were hitting for ridiculous amounts of damage: one had 13-5 magical melee and 14-3 magical ranged.

The expanded temple really does make the map a lot easier, especially if know the order the bonuses come in.
Attachments
3p_-_Orocia_replay_3chaotic_win.zip
(52.97 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Krimzon

Post by Krimzon »

Yes, I believe it is too easy now with the expanded shrine bonuses. I also tried again but this time with Loyalists (Myself) Undead (Mythological) Rebels (KhiM) and again, virtually cleared the map... we were even strong enough to hold out in a forward defense on the saurian wave :shock:
Attachments
3p_-_Orocia_replay_4.zip
(43.47 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
nebula955

Post by nebula955 »

simple way to "beat" orocia if you feel like it, takes no effort at all:
get leader to be 1 xp from leveling with enough resists/hp to not die in 1 attack; so get it to full hp; (definitely stalwart works, maybe elder wose, maybe shock trooper, etc); kill the berserkers on the knalgan level; then your leaders are never attacked by anyone.and you win
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Another replay, that shows that even with some bad playing this map still can be beaten. However, blue having finish with 1 hp after his kamikaze play is kind of an irony of life :o .

Despite of this: Probably the most fun survival map i ever played. Kudos to the dev :D .
Attachments
Orocia_Yogi_beeeert_JMan.zip
(61.22 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Dovolente

Post by Dovolente »

The map pack is now available on the 1.3 development server (with the exception of Breakout and Encampments, which won't be revised from 1.2).
  • Orocia - back to the less abusable but more difficult version-- one bonus only, for standing directly at the shrine.
  • Cutthroat - terrain inconsistencies fixed, and adjusted slightly to make the corners somewhat more open.
  • Telemort - renamed to Telemortis. Getting tired of people thinking that I misspelled "teleport"--apparently there's a lack of root knowledge out there. :)
  • 3D rumble - adjusted the lower and upper levels to make the villages more open to attack.
  • Elf Chess - stayed the same.
I probably won't be making further updates to the 1.2 maps. :)
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

thx I missed the maps for the development server.
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

Hi Dove. Your map cutthroat doesnt work with the newest version..somethign about unsupported strings
Raelifin

Post by Raelifin »

Aw shucks, I really liked all six spots for orocia. There's no way I'll have a chance of beating it now... >_<

Oh, and kudos on the great maps. I played the old orocia online and am really enjoying the others. :D
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
-Lewis Carroll "Jabberwocky"
DarkDespair5

I win. Finally.

Post by DarkDespair5 »

Don't DQ this, LB had to leave and i replaced with Yoshi. Thanks.
Arcanisters are amazing. Even with some dumb moves i won.
The file is actually a .tar.bz2 file containing a .txt. IT WAS TOO BIG. k.
Sorry about doing that. ZIP wouldn't work. 7Z wouldn't work. GRR.
Attachments
OrociaWIN4.txt
Me+Yoshimitsu.
(33.92 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Dovolente

Post by Dovolente »

Sombra wrote:Hi Dove. Your map cutthroat doesnt work with the newest version..somethign about unsupported strings
It should work properly now. :)
Krimzon

Post by Krimzon »

Heh, glad to see this map on 1.3, good for messing around on and alot of fun too! 1 shrine spot now eh? great, it should never have been changed - it was far too easy with 7. :)
nataS

Re: Dov's MP Maps - now on the 1.3 server

Post by nataS »

I think elf chess would be better balanced when woses have 30% pierce resist instead of 60%. Right now the only thing able to properly damage a wose is the Elvish Enchantress. One of the things making real chess a brilliant game is that even a pawn can kill any enemy unit. Also it might be fun if you can choose a promotion when getting a pawn to the other side.
Dovolente

Re: Dov's MP Maps - now on the 1.3 server

Post by Dovolente »

Good points. I've taken out woses with with knights and fighter pawns, but it's tough (unless a druid's helping). :P

Promotions are a fun idea. I could see that becoming *the* way to win, if one could get an enchantress or wose--maybe just a basic level up for the pawn would be the way to go.

On a seperate note, I'm updating Orocia--the old 1.2 WML could really use some revamping. A couple of the changes will be spawns not charging the turn they appear and the shrine bonus being random rather than sequenced. The new WML stuff makes it much more feasible to implement randomness.

A second variant of Orocia--"Deep Orocia"--a mostly-underground map with lots of chasms and chasm bridge, and also different spawns, is being tested and tweaked. So far it's looking good. :)