Bandits and Thugs?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Stalks_death

Bandits and Thugs?

Post by Stalks_death »

Hi, i just made a search and didn't find anything (obvious) about that issue.

As far as i remember the bandit and thug were in the knalgan alliance? Why were they removed?

I liked to play with outlaws as a theme, the bandit line served as melee fighter pretty well.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Thugs were removed from knalgans a long time ago. The reason most likely was that they were overpowering the faction against some others. Think how good thug is against undead (skeletons) for example.
Stalks_death

Post by Stalks_death »

Ah...blast, i didn't use the dwarves so i guess that's why i never had balance problems.

Thanks for the heads up :)
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

zookeeper wrote:Thugs were removed from knalgans a long time ago. The reason most likely was that they were overpowering the faction against some others. Think how good thug is against undead (skeletons) for example.
So what do you use against skeletons now?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

irrevenant wrote:
zookeeper wrote:Thugs were removed from knalgans a long time ago. The reason most likely was that they were overpowering the faction against some others. Think how good thug is against undead (skeletons) for example.
Probably fighters and to a lesser extent footpads. I'm not a MP expert. :P
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

irrevenant wrote:
You packet and spam until your opponent disconnects.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

skeletons you have footpads and dwarf fighters. It's not as effective, but still enough to keep skelly archers well clear at all times, and give skeletons a fair fight.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
PhilipN

Re: Bandits and Thugs?

Post by PhilipN »

The footpad line of units are very useful against skellies as they can simply use their high defense numbers to avoid getting hit, offensively using their clubs against archers and their slings to attack regular skellies without retribution and defensively using their defense to escape most enemy blows while scoring some damage with their retaliation. I'm playing through the Northern Rebirth and have found that the Outlaw line is often more effective against skeletons than Thugs (which are available in that campaign, even though they aren't available in MP games), which don't have as good defense and cannot attack anything without retribution (except for DA's, which don't really appear in said campaign).
JW

Post by JW »

Are you sure you're not playing as Undead? You seem to have necromancy mastered.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

PhilipN: Please tell us where the heck you found this thread and why you thought it was worth replying to?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I really think that the Posted date should be in big, bold font that flashes neon if the post is more than a month old. And if it is more than a year old, the submit button should move around the screen, running from your mouse.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

And maybe you shouldn't reply to resurrections but instead just wait until a moderator deletes the resurrecting post. Now all we get is a locked resurrected thread. Or we could have it split, but it'd still be just as much useless forum noise.