Multiplayer Scenario: Clonkinator's RPG (Version 1.3)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Clonkinator

Multiplayer Scenario: Clonkinator's RPG (Version 1.3)

Post by Clonkinator »

Hi there! I just uploaded a new MP-Scenario called "Clonkinator's RPG" to the add-on server. If you like things such as "The Labyrinth of Champions" or "SurvivalXtreme", you might also be interested into this one. However, it's only for the 1.2.x-branch of Wesnoth so far. Check it out.

* Description *

Find the king's stolen sceptre, or the neighbour countries will attack Grantis, your home city. This must not happen. Travel through a cave full of horrible traps, mysterious riddles, fearsome beasts, great treasures and a terrible secret... And find the sceptre. Good luck!
An epic adventure for up to five players. Use the Clonkinator's RPG Era (or the Extended RPG Era if you have it and want to). Each player should start with 250 gold, -2 income. I recommend an experience modifier of 150%. Place a check in the box >>use map settings<< (important!!). Use shroud and (optionally) fog. Other than that, have fun!
If you want to know more about the story, play the scenario!

* Items *
One special and uncommon thing for the 1.2.x-branch of Wesnoth here is that each player has an inventory that allows him to use items at any time during his own turn! Currently there are two different items. Maybe I'll add more items in future versions, but let's see. To view your inventory and your remaining lives, scroll to the right edge of the map. You'll see five places with a walking corpse called 'Cursor', a gray potion labeled 'Inventory' and three dots of either snow or hilly cave above the 'Cursor'. Each of the dots that is white (snow) indicates one extra life remaining, each black (cave) dot indicates a lost life. To access your inventory and eventually use an item, just move your 'Cursor' onto the potion labeled 'Inventory'. This will cause an option window to pop up, showing you how many items of each kind you have and allowing you to choose whether you want to use one of them. Keep in mind, however, that you can use no more than one item per turn. Used wisely, these items can secure victory.
Wasted carelessly, however, they can also cause your defeat.

If you have any questions about the scenario, suggestions or ideas for it or if you found a glitch or a bug, post it into the forum. It's also fine of course if you just tell me if you liked the scenario or rather what you liked about it and what you didn't like. Have fun playing it! :D
Last edited by Clonkinator on September 4th, 2007, 9:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
hjwn

Post by hjwn »

get the following error message when I try to download:
No information was retrievable for the campaign Clonkinator%27s_RPG.
EDIT: in-game download ("Get Add-ons") works
just blame it on the rng when you lose
hjwn

Post by hjwn »

We just finished it, here comes a quick feedback.

A very nice RPG! We played with extended era, settings as suggested. We didn't experience any bugs or glitches. The inventory with healing items worked without problems. Due to reckless game play we lost 4(5?) lives in total and were able to beat the final boss without getting into sweat, so maybe it's a bit too easy.

Thanks for this MP scenario!
savagust

Post by savagust »

Those mechanisms are interesting. :D

Nice work!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

hjwn wrote:Thanks for this MP scenario!
savagust wrote:Those mechanisms are interesting. :D

Nice work!
Glad you people like it. :D
hjwn wrote:We just finished it, here comes a quick feedback.

A very nice RPG! We played with extended era, settings as suggested. We didn't experience any bugs or glitches. The inventory with healing items worked without problems. Due to reckless game play we lost 4(5?) lives in total and were able to beat the final boss without getting into sweat, so maybe it's a bit too easy.
I know it's a bit easy right now, and I'm already thinking about a way to add a bit more difficulty. Maybe I'll just add different difficulty settings just like in SX. 8)
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Hi there, I just uploaded version 1.1 of my RPG to the add-on server. I raised the strength of the creeps in the second halfth of the map by about 30% in the hope that this makes things a little bit harder. I also added a drakes and saurians to the era. Another interesting new feature are the teleport crystals. They are rather expensive, but they also are really useful! You can save the coordinates of your current location at any time during your turn, and then use a teleport crystal later to go back to that point! This can really save your life, or just come in handy if you died again. Have fun! 8)

P.S: I think I'm going to add a bit more traps and maybe a little harder creeps later. Let's see.
Last edited by Clonkinator on August 14th, 2007, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Hi there, I currently am working on another cave for this RPG. So soon you will be able to choose what cave you want to explore just as you can in SurvivalXtreme! :wink:
I think I will have the second cave ready by saturday, let's see.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Yo, pulled out a quick update of my RPG. I added orcs to the era, removed a little bug and made the game even a (very) little harder. Also, as promised, I added another cave. Now you can choose whether you want to play Type A (the original one) or Type B (the new one). Type B has a little fewer traps, but these traps and most of the enemies are much more nasty/dangerous. Enjoy - and don't get killed! :?

EDIT: Another quick update - I accidently got a really annoying bug in, which I just removed. Sorry.
roland37

Post by roland37 »

hmm... on map B i could only explore the western side of the map, because the eastern switch under the second shop didn` :roll: :?: :cry: t work
For Knalga!
For peace!
For fun!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

roland37 wrote:hmm... on map B i could only explore the western side of the map, because the eastern switch under the second shop didn` :roll: :?: :cry: t work
Wha? I will have a look on that.

EDIT: Yeah, my bad, it really didn't do anything. Now it should work. If you notice any further bugs, please report them. I didn't have time to fully play through Type B yet, so I can't promise yet that it is 100% functionally.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

one switch on the eastern side dissappears after first use. it is still useable though. (go on the spot where it was) Upon getting to there my team had 1 elvish sharpshooter (lvl3) 1 elvish champion (lvl3) and 1 armageddon drake (lvl4) we were able to beat onyl 2 of the 3 death knights, the one with 600 hp is virtually impossible (he killed everyone). There is no way to ahve accumulated enough gold up to there to upgrade enough to beat him. we also had started with 450 gold ea instead of teh default 350 gold.

Long story short cave B needs tweaking.

:o i didnt expect it to be that hard. especially with 100 more gold than the default.
This would have something cool if i actually had anything intersting to say or write.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Phoenix wrote:one switch on the eastern side dissappears after first use. it is still useable though. (go on the spot where it was) Upon getting to there my team had 1 elvish sharpshooter (lvl3) 1 elvish champion (lvl3) and 1 armageddon drake (lvl4) we were able to beat onyl 2 of the 3 death knights, the one with 600 hp is virtually impossible (he killed everyone). There is no way to ahve accumulated enough gold up to there to upgrade enough to beat him. we also had started with 450 gold ea instead of teh default 350 gold.

Long story short cave B needs tweaking.

:o i didnt expect it to be that hard. especially with 100 more gold than the default.
*Clonkinator puts RPG Type B onto his "tweakingXtreme-list"*
Yah, I know... I guess I should still have waited a while until putting Type B into the package. But then again, I don't play RPG- or survival-type maps much since a few weeks, so I need other people to help me. Anyway, thanks for the report. I'll test every single switch now, to see if it works. And I'll tweak the bosses.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Just released version 1.3. Type B should finally work now, or at least be beatable. I also updated some other stuff like the item descriptions shown in-game, so I think it's worth an update. Anyway, have fun, and keep reporting stuff that needs to become better, please! :)
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Heh... it had already been beaten before you added stuff in, all you really need for the death knights is some slow and perhaps one or two good tanking units with pierce/blade resist (impact attacks help as well)
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Weeksy wrote:Heh... it had already been beaten before you added stuff in, all you really need for the death knights is some slow and perhaps one or two good tanking units with pierce/blade resist (impact attacks help as well)
This may well be, but if you didn't have these things before it was really hard to beat all three of them in a row.