[Complete] Tournament of Champions 3: Results, Hype, Predictions, etc.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ereksos

Post by ereksos »

No problem.
Please do remember to come on Saturday 0100gmt.
EREKSOS
ereksos

hi

Post by ereksos »

hi bec,

you didn't come AGAIN :shock:

the first time you suggested the date on tuesday 1200gmt, i agreed, but you nvr came.
this second time, i suggest saturday 0100gmt with 3 days advance notice, and you replied positively. and yet, youi didn't show up. in addition, i have pm you again.

basically, it is not easy for me to schedule a time to play, like today i have to cancel my routine swimming to play with you.
since the game dateline is tomorrow, and you did say you are ok from 1300gmt to 0300gmt and you said you can play on weekend, so i will log in again again at 1300gmt today and tommorrow 0100gmt. if you don't turn up again in these 2 time-slots i will assume you gave up.
EREKSOS
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Possibly he thought saturday night, so tomorrow night?
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
ereksos

Post by ereksos »

he didn't come in any of the time slot.
EREKSOS
ereksos

missing opponent

Post by ereksos »

my opponent has been missing for more than 2 weeks now! :shock:

since this is the final round of TOC, who should i fight for the championship then? :D
EREKSOS
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

My busy 90-100 hour a week period is almost over. Just set a time on Fri, Sat, or Sun and I can be there. Sorry between that and a new girl in my life my free time value was = -10

I did show up few times and not see you, but I know I was barely around at all. As for slots I may have missed, I am sorry about that, but work comes first. I really have had no control over anything the past 2 weeks or so. Things have been crazy there as we lost a few big clients and they went into full nazi mode.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
palloco

Re: missing opponent

Post by palloco »

ereksos wrote:my opponent has been missing for more than 2 weeks now! :shock:

since this is the final round of TOC, who should i fight for the championship then? :D
Oh, I can fight you if you want
Agent Jack Bauer

Post by Agent Jack Bauer »

Becephalus wrote:My busy 90-100 hour a week period is almost over.
And mine is only just beginning.
JB: You don't have any more information, do you, Nina?
NM: Yes I do.
JB: No, you don't.

*BLAU!*
ereksos

Post by ereksos »

bec:
Please make sure you come this time on saturday 0100gmt, ok? See you.

palloco, thx for the offer, i was thinking along the same line, if bec won't come, i would like to fight either doc pat or you, who are both good players that didn't join the TOC.
EREKSOS
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Glad we could get this started, although the game is taking forever :(
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
IB

Post by IB »

New tactic, kill your opponent with old age.
ereksos

game

Post by ereksos »

hi bec,
you promised to confirm the next game time slot by yesterday and you didn't.
so, can you confirm it now whether you will be playing on this saturday 0100gmt please?

IB, do you play Dominions III? The game has a fascinating arrays of special trait like OLD AGE, Afflictions (lost one eyes, lost one hand, lost another hand...). But it requires patient and deep thinking to play it well, just like wesnoth.
EREKSOS
ereksos

time

Post by ereksos »

becephalus, please reply?
If you are going to MIA again, do tell us somehow this time.
EREKSOS
IB

Post by IB »

Never heard of it before, sounds interesting though. I think your version of deep thinking differs from what I consider the "Wesnoth Norm". Most think long enough so they don't make mistakes, at least not too many, but that also keep the other player awake. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Taking that long could easily break your opponent, its a good psychological warfare tool. A bored opponent is much more likely to concede or make a mistake. Though it feels kind of hollow to win by default.
ereksos

game

Post by ereksos »

becephalus didn't turn up again in both saturday and sunday.
EREKSOS