Who can create polls?

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Who can create polls?

Post by irrevenant »

Who has access to create polls? Is it just forum regulars?

I've received a couple of requests to create polls recently, so I wondered.

Thanks.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I'm pretty sure everybody can create polls, it's probably just that people don't realize this / don't know how to do so and so they ask someone else to do it for them... maybe I'm wrong though.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MDG

Post by MDG »

Just checked over at PHPBB documentation for 2.0. Looks like there should be an option to make a new topic a poll at the bottom of the new topic form. Link to documentation is here. Relevant part is
Polls - To add a poll, look to the bottom of the posting form. These options will only be visible to a user if they have permission to make Polls.
Just tried this in the User's forum and the Ideas forum section and couldn't see any option to create a poll... I think it's either restricted for non-devs/admins/sith, or restricted by forum section. In which case, which sections is it allowed?

EDIT: Found this but, still couldn't find an option to create a poll as a new topic within the Art Workshop section. Maybe I'm just missing something that's right in front of me...
Zebulon
Art Developer

Post by Zebulon »

You have to be in a group. (Forum Regulars, Art Contributors, etc.)

That applies to all forums except Off-Topic. Only Mods and Admins can make polls there.
MDG

Post by MDG »

Thanks Zebulon. Darn Penguin's post in the thread I linked to had me confused!