What's the best way to start a game

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkY_BoY

Post by SkY_BoY »

I always make some units and then I go to some villages for gold, and then I attack(I am not telling excactly how I attack 8) )
billdoor

Post by billdoor »

Wow, now that's what I call an innovative tactic.
No offense, but it's a basis of Wesnoth.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Here's a question for you, how else would you start a game?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Firense

Post by Firense »

Just recruit 5 woses with your 100gp and send em to your enemys 5 mages? yep, that should work
MDG

Advice

Post by MDG »

Try reading through the basic tactics and advanced tactics in the playing Wesnoth section of the Wiki.

Also read Thrawn's common sense thread.

Then, perhaps JW and Mythological's How to play... series.

Also browse this section of the forum (Strategies and tips) to gain knowledge from previous threads. Finally, get stuck in on the MP server and just play.
Croc Paterson

Re: What's the best way to start a game

Post by Croc Paterson »

SkY_BoY wrote:I always make some units and then I go to some villages for gold, and then I attack(I am not telling excactly how I attack 8) )
Please tell!!!
"Your face is overpowered." - Neoriceisgood
Jodwin

Post by Jodwin »

Click on the link in the start/"whatever you have in Linux/Mac" menu.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I normally eat some bread filled with meat byproducts before setting aside a jar of gasified lemonade/tea lemonade.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
TheBladeRoden

Re: What's the best way to start a game

Post by TheBladeRoden »

Croc Paterson wrote:
SkY_BoY wrote:I always make some units and then I go to some villages for gold, and then I attack(I am not telling excactly how I attack 8) )
Please tell!!!
Don't tell anyone but I always click on my dude then I click on the other guy's dude when the mouse turns into a sword. :wink:
nebula955

Post by nebula955 »

Just recruit 5 woses with your 100gp and send em to your enemys 5 mages? yep, that should work
That WOULD work if you attack first ;)
MDG

Post by MDG »

nebula955 wrote:
Attacking first may not be part of the plan. No one seems sure yet (apart from SkY_BoY who's not telling).
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Ugh. What the hell is wrong with you people?

...everyone knows the best way to start a match is to type ":q!".
Firense

Post by Firense »

nebula955 wrote:
I dont, I always let them attack first, but I first hold strategic points like open fields (grassland)
Martinus

Post by Martinus »

I always put my mages at water tiles where they are at strategic advantage, because they can hurl both fire balls and water balls at the enemy. This is great for taking out enemies without water resistances.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Martinus wrote:I always put my mages at water tiles where they are at strategic advantage, because they can hurl both fire balls and water balls at the enemy. This is great for taking out enemies without water resistances.
should there ever suddenly come "water" damage type in the middle of the game, you would gain unexpected advantage and win the game :o a nifty investment, i must admit.

usually i hire 2 Tumonker Berserkers who would deal with all enemy Fapworg Nightmares, then maybe a few more of them and a nice Tumonker Nightcarrots to take care of the leader. that always works.