Idea for Far East Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I don't think it's much use to try to argue that it isn't ripped. Attached are the original and the rip side by side.
Attachments
rip.png
rip.png (4.48 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Seiryu wrote: I was sure that the dragon was from a game... I did it with my memories... it looks similar right? Well it means that my memories are too strong.

Well I don't want to be the only one to work on this dragon... can other persons do some little things so that we can emerge ideas from our brain?
It doesn't only look similar, it's identical apart from some very minor pixel changes and a slight hue change. Stop stealing art and passing it off as your own. It's illegal and we don't want it here on the forums. I will look through this thread and remove all the stolen images when I get back from work.
JW

Post by JW »

Seiryu wrote: I was sure that the dragon was from a game... I did it with my memories... it looks similar right? Well it means that my memories are too strong.

Well I don't want to be the only one to work on this dragon... can other persons do some little things so that we can emerge ideas from our brain?
I hate to say this, but after comparing the two images it is clear that the original dragon you posted is an exact copy of the Lufia image. I'm afraid I don't believe you when you say you did it from memory.

-edit-

it seems others have posted the same as I did.
Rune

Post by Rune »

I think that whether or not the image was copied digitally or drawn from memory (copied manually) is totally irrelevant. It's a copy either way, and just as illegal.
Seiryu

Post by Seiryu »

Rune wrote:I think that whether or not the image was copied digitally or drawn from memory (copied manually) is totally irrelevant. It's a copy either way, and just as illegal.
True... then who wants to draw it? I have enough of copying.
The N'EX is in my blood.

[Off from Wesnoth]
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

The far east faction, the one era to have fully completed stats and all get one picture and then get mangled five different ways. Still though it won't die... instead it becomes the taki the oddest mechanics wise faction out there.... Still it won't die even after the starter Kafka has given up and wishes for it to as it's been to badly mangled.

This post is for Kafka may his faction finnaly have rest and be put out of it's misery.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
appleide

Post by appleide »

Tippsey wrote:The far east faction, the one era to have fully completed stats and all get one picture and then get mangled five different ways. Still though it won't die... instead it becomes the taki the oddest mechanics wise faction out there.... Still it won't die even after the starter Kafka has given up and wishes for it to as it's been to badly mangled.

This post is for Kafka may his faction finnaly have rest and be put out of it's misery.
Oddest mechanic wise?? Like how?
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

I site the dancer's weapon, and some of the samurai's that didn't make sense. Also that the Ninja was made chaotic when it was clearly meant to be lawful. Ninjas were not just cut you down in the middle of the night and morally they were not villians. They had almost the same honor code as Samurai so morally they would fall into lawful.

So now then let's let this poor faction have some rest....
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

The two weapons ninjas were most known for were the throwing stars and the claws.

I admit that some of the samurai's weapons seem odd, but they are real, if not realistically placed on the units (like carrying two large swords, inconsistant with the daisho custom).

Alignment has little if anything to do with morality in the game, it is mostly about gameplay.

[not-so-serious]If this ever gets dropped i may push some historical flavor rehash so i can have yet another Continent in Wesnoth.[/not-so-serious]
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Yes there know for claws and the pictures show claws but the desrition said wakazashi or something... hence odd descrip. As for balance the ninja was made lawful for that as well. It was to be the first daytime outlaw bassicaly with it''s counterpart the dancer being the dancer. Besides the question of morality still seems out as all imoral races/factions seem to be stuck with chaotic as an alignment.
appleide

Post by appleide »

Tippsey wrote:Yes there know for claws and the pictures show claws but the desrition said wakazashi or something... hence odd descrip. As for balance the ninja was made lawful for that as well. It was to be the first daytime outlaw bassicaly with it''s counterpart the dancer being the dancer. Besides the question of morality still seems out as all imoral races/factions seem to be stuck with chaotic as an alignment.
:oops: I took that "Ninjas cut you down in the middle of the night" thing out of "The Last Samurai"... Though I never meant them as "evil" as such.

I am not good with any of the descriptions because I am not Japanese,and do not understand a lot of japanese history. You could always change it and re-upload, or even change all the units, and images, and add other units in. The only reason I put the units that I did was because thats all the images I got.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Well we were still waiting for the one guy to make the art, but when you guys when off on a tangent he quit and refused to hand over what he had done. So technically the faction could be restored but it would still only have the claw dancer image for any art, unless someone decides to do relevant uncopyrighted art, or the artists gives the rest of his stuff over.
appleide

Post by appleide »

Kafka wrote:ok, seriously, who didn't see my last post. You people make the art, i'm done, my work is in making the units. If you want to see this stuff done in less than 9 months, you might want to do the artwork. I will do anything that needs to be done on MAKING UNITS. But since that's pretty much done, i'm handing this idea over to people who can draw and program. Personally, i have a manual dexterity issue (i have some tissue issure with my hands) so i can't draw, or write, for ..... ok, you get it. Now, since i haven't worked with programming even a campaign, i can't program the units, so PLEASE, somebody pick this up for me, i speant my time doing this, somebody else get it out.
Umm, yeah.
Seiryu

Post by Seiryu »

I abbandonned the art of the dragon... but if appleide decide to ask me for the art of other units which I probably can do it... I'll hand it to him whenever I can... I don't come so often to the wesnoth forum :oops:

But I've got appleide's address :lol:
The N'EX is in my blood.

[Off from Wesnoth]
Seiryu

Post by Seiryu »

Appleide seems to have dropped Wesnoth...
So this era can no longer be continued...
Or if someone wants to take the artworks place then... maybe we can work out...
The N'EX is in my blood.

[Off from Wesnoth]