GNA speed

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How long does it take you to load pages on GNA?

5+ minutes
No votes
2+ minutes
6%
45+ seconds
No votes
15+ seconds
6%
around 5 seconds
50%
near-instantly
38%

Total votes: 16

Jetrel

GNA speed

Post by Jetrel »

I preface this by noting that I am NOT suggesting any changes in what we use, I'm just curious to see how this behaves for other people.

During my tenure at wesnoth, and during the time we've used Gna's hosting for our svn repo, I've accessed their websvn site from several different places, on several different connections, and through several different ISPs; ranging from a 56k modem, to a connection consisting of eight combined T1 lines. Almost universally, accessing repository directories on gna takes me in the neighborhood of two minutes to load a single page. Doesn't matter which ISP I'm on, or what my connection speed is.

I'm curious to know how things are for the rest of the gang. I'm also very curious to know if there's a high delay for people stateside, but not for people in Europe (AFAIK, gna is hosted in europe, and if accessing a single page takes multiple, sequential communications back and forth between client and server, the time taken would be a multiple of the mere ping time).
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

For me it works really nicely, in the bugtracker speed is close to instant, in the websvn it takes something between 5 and 10 secs, depending on the amount of content in the folder.
That speed does not differ, no matter if I am at home (16MBit ADSL) or at University (100+ MBit). Sometimes the websvn feels sluggy, but the tracker is always really fast.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I've never had any problems and I'm States-side too. On a bad day, it takes around 10-15 seconds; today, around 5.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

No such problems for me. I'm stateside and get connection in the 5-10 sec range.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Usually under 5 seconds here...
But i live in the country where Gna is hosted, probably less than 50 km from the servers (if they are near Paris) ;)
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr