Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Once great heroes across the plains....

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I made a new unit branch for the undead faction, the dead riders; of wich level 1 is more like a fast warrior, and it splits into a stronger riding warrior comparable to revenant; or a dark rider that becomes weaker against pierce; but gains the ever so feared baneblade.
Shade

Looks Good

Post by Shade »

Looks good, in my opinion. Maybe they could be made to replace the Chocobone? (edit: I understand what the Chocobone pays homage to, it just looks like, 'My God! That poor horse is missing his Arse!')
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
brakett

Post by brakett »

The riders seems to be cut-and-paste from skeleton/revenant/wrath. But I like the idea of undead cavalry.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Oh right wraith; you aughta check out the wraith graphics before jumping to a conclusion; and the revenant skeleton ones are simply ment to be mounted versions of those (with perhaps attack notched down a bit) wich therefore have their heads,
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

and thus, the undead had one more potantial scouting unit :)

I love the graphics though, and an undead rider is sooo cliché thatj wesnoth HAS to have one :)
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

I like them very very much...
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

brakett wrote:The riders seems to be cut-and-paste from skeleton/revenant/wrath. But I like the idea of undead cavalry.
While one of the graphics looks vaguely like a wraith, I think if you look at the wraith graphics closely and compare, you'll see that they are very different.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The only problem that I see is that the level 3 wraith-like rider looks nasier than a Specter.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

He is very nasty =)
I want to give him the new "Terror" ability I posted in the abilities thread In ideas.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Neoriceisgood wrote:He is very nasty =)
I want to give him the new "Terror" ability I posted in the abilities thread In ideas.
That would be VERY powerful. Drain, combined with an ability which reduces the damage the enemies deal. Make sure it takes LOTS of experience to reach it.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

it gets 4 weaknesses though ^_~ pierce impact holy and fire.
TuxVader

Post by TuxVader »

GHOST RIDERS IN THE WESNOTH! :D
Dark penguin of the sith.
AT

nicely

Post by AT »

This should round out the Undead nicely. Its good to see the races getting almost done. So far Humans, elves, and maybe almost undead seem 1.0 quality. Now just 3 to go 8)
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

(Orc post moved to ideas)
Nice images, seems that you used the hooded head I did/stole for the 3rd level archer :-) or at least a very smilar one.
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

I think, to make these not just another scouting unit, they shouldnt be as fast as horsemen or elven scouts.

I think these would add a very interesting element though... Lots of weaknesses but a good addition to the ground forces.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry