[Complete] Tournament of Champions 2v2 Results and Information

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Nice way of putting things Myth - my answer is 'Yes' as well.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
zero1

nice post

Post by zero1 »

my answer is also yes:)
I'm here
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

well, I would like to know where this is going. It seems like we are a go to continue with the bracket posted above.

I would like to know if this is going to continue? Because if it isn't, then I want to play in the 1v1 starting next week. If it is, then great, but I need to know before ... next week!

If no one is opposed, then we can just contact our opponents and move ahead. Unless there are more dropouts I think we have a good chance at wrapping this thing up, and I am looking forward to some closure (in other words winning :P )
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
sargy

Tournament

Post by sargy »

I would like to announce my withdrawel from the competition, i am unable to say for certain when is a good time for me to play. So in the interests of trying to revive the competition, i see no point in dragging on our match with wm and jb.
Gl to all remaining in the comp, and thanks to jb and wm for being good opponents, next time hopefully will be able to give a btter account of ourselves :)
As for tux, i will speak to him, but busy schedules are creating same probs as me, will get him to post his repsonse soon.
Where were you while we were getting high, someday you will find me caught beneath a landslide in a champange supernova in the sky ! rock N roll !
Yogin

Post by Yogin »

I talked to Myth, and there seems to be a need for an impartial selection of MP maps for the tourney to go on. If no one objects, I'd be happy to help with this regard.

If you guys approve, I'll post 2 sets of 5 maps in order, for each matchup in the semi-finals.

The maps will be chosen from the following:
Blue Water Province,
Clash,
Castle Hopping,
Hamlets,
Loris River,
Path of Daggers,
Mori.

-Yogin
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

I don't think mori4 swhould be allowed for this round for several reasons, but the simplist reason is a map that was played in both of the first 2 rounds.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Yogin

Post by Yogin »

Yogin wrote:If you guys approve, I'll post 2 sets of 5 maps in order, for each matchup in the semi-finals.
OK, well it seems forums were screwed up, and everyone agreed.
I remember from before forums went down, the following objections:

mori4 (for semi-finals round): jb
hamlets: zero
blue water province: zero

Are there any other objections? I won't withhold a map from consideration due to one objection, but if enough people object to a map(my definition of enough), I may no longer consider it. I'll give people 36 hours to respond, then I'll go ahead and post the semi-finals maps.

-Yogin
jb wrote:I don't think mori4 swhould be allowed for this round for several reasons, but the simplist reason is a map that was played in both of the first 2 rounds.
And for that reason, I probably won't have it in the semifinals, but I wanted to post a comprehensive list of all possible maps that I'd chose out of for all remaining rounds.

oh, and jb: run, rabbit, run!
JW

Post by JW »

Why was my post deleted about when I can play? Have there been more forum errors recently??
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

JW : Yes, the forums were down the day before yesterday and some posts were lost ( again )
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
JW

Post by JW »

Best time to play for me would be either Wednesday or Friday mornings, or Sundays. Other than that it's really a crapshoot. Those aren't 100% times either, more like 75% chance. This Sunday is out though.
Yogin

Maps for Semi-Finals of 2v2 Tourney

Post by Yogin »

Maps for Semi-Finals of 2v2 Tourney

Game 1: Castle-Hopping Isle
Game 2: Blue-Water Province
Game 3: Path of Daggers
---
Game 4: Hamlets
Game 5: Loris River

-----
How the maps were chosen:

Each map was inverse weighted according to the # of times played by current participants, and then they were randomly chosen using single draw.

Weights were:
BWP/Hamlets, weight 4.
Loris/PoD, weight 3.
Castle/Clash, weight 2.
mori, weight 1.
JW

Post by JW »

Hopefully Myth and Taurus can play, as Sundays for me are almost impossible now, and jb and wintermute cannot play friday or wednesday mornings. Also, I've come to the conclusion that I've lost essentially all interest with Wesnoth.

Sorry. I thought I could swing 1 final run to help you guys out.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Yes, ths is still alive even though the heart rate has slowed to near coma status. Wintermute and I have evened the score at 1:1 vs. Mythological and Taurus. Game three now pending.

Hopefully Wintermute has a replay.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

replays

Post by Wintermute »

here are replays for the two games so far
Attachments
saves.zip
(80.65 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

Slowly moving on.

First victory for Sombra/Nordmann vs Zero/PhD
Attachments
4S_-_Land_der_Burgen_Runde_12_Tournament.zip
(26.2 KiB) Downloaded 358 times