[Complete] Tournament of Champions 3: Results, Hype, Predictions, etc.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

[Complete] Tournament of Champions 3: Results, Hype, Predictions, etc.

Post by Doc Paterson »

I thought I'd build a house for TOC3 related chatting. Don't post your replays here; put them in the Replays Archive.

So, any predictions for the Eastern League/Western League winners (the two that will play in the Finals)?

Who's going to surprise everyone?

Who's going to surprise everyone by getting knocked out early? :P

Here's hoping we have a great tournament- Best of luck to one and all.
Last edited by Doc Paterson on August 15th, 2007, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Drake Blademaster

Post by Drake Blademaster »

Council of Linac Mux co-founder Ultimatum479 vs. F8 Binds. . .

:twisted: I have got to see this one!

I want to see replays in the archive!
Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

...*sigh*

Judging by our last duel, it won't be much to see.
Chosen to be: Avatar of the God of Vengeance

Duty-bound to be: Last chance for the oppressed non-humans of the world

Accidentally became: Co-founder of the Council of Linac Mux

Self-nominated (pending election): Forum SUPERMOD!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Looking at my position, I suspect that I'll be out by the end of second round. I have never seen the guy I'm against in the first round play so I can't guess at that.

Then again who knows, maybe I'll get further.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Let's hope I can stand the winter that will be facing me second round... :)
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
waterd103

Post by waterd103 »

my first tournament but i will guess that players that pick rebels will perfomr better than those that choose drakes, and for those that pick random, i think that those that get rebels will go better than those that get drakes, but let's see :P
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Well....

Post by Gallifax »

Well seeing silverhead and onis in first round crushed my hopes:)

Both maps I dont play very well. So I need to pray to the lord of wesnoth to get to 2nd round.

hmmm Pagan,Pietro, Soliton and Wintermute in one league..... Tough I'd say.I expect Pagan to do well. Maybe he could win the league:)Garison is good for a surprise and Duthlet.(At least i hope so:)) Dont see any champions loosing early though..

Dk and Soliton would be my bet for final. Let's see:D
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Not that I am one to talk, but do DK and Sol even play anymore? :) Not that I think it will mean much. They are still the best. *Becephalus looks at Doc and wonders why he never joins*

Hopefully I can get past Pietro and Roman Loyalist and play someone like Winter, or Soliton, someone I know I can beat :)
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Becephalus wrote: *Becephalus looks at Doc and wonders why he never joins*
I forget if I told you all about this brain/eye thing going on with me....

Basically, I can play every once and a while, but long games lead to eye strain which triggers the whole cascade effect. I'm taking some anti-epilepsy meds which have helped raise the threshold a bit, but it's still something that I have to be cautious about. Because of this, I really have to pick and choose my playing times, and a tournament, where as a player I'd have to commit to playing extended games, could mean trouble. I have a hard time forcing myself to stop when I'm in a game- and this has many a time left me royally screwed for the entire rest of the day. Would it be possible for me to enter and play half a game here, half a game there? Maybe, but it's ultimately a bit shaky and a somewhat unfun way to try to win a Wesnoth title. ;)

There's also the fact that I'm running this thing....Generally the ref isn't also playing in a match that's under his authority. If I did play in the tournament, (with all of the previosuly mentioned baggage) I wouldn't be able to monitor the other games and take care of problems as they arise. The monitoring role enables me to rest my eyes when I feel like it- to get up, take a walk around the block, come back, check PMs for any problems, and resume the monitoring if I'm up to it. The rules have been laid out pretty clearly, so theoretically, even this role is not entirely necessary.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

And now for some hype:

GALLIHAX FOR PRESIDENT.
without your noses.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Becephalus wrote:Hopefully I can ... play someone like Winter, or Soliton, someone I know I can beat :)
These work-induced delusions of grandure get better every day! :P
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

You could have a surrogate watch the game and tell you the spots, like miltons duaghters wiriting for him :)
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Doc
I have a hard time forcing myself to stop when I'm in a game- and this has many a time left me royally screwed for the entire rest of the day
That's why you have to play as drunk as possible like I do, so that when wesnoth is over: there is no "rest of the day". hehe
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Yogin

Post by Yogin »

Hey Cackfiend,

I PM'd you, but haven't gotten any responses. Are you available to reschedule our match tonight or tomorrow night? I'm organizing a birthday party for a 1 yr old during match-time tomorrow so won't be able to make it. After the party is fine, Sunday is fine, or Friday night.

-Yogin
Pietro

End of round 1 (at least for me)

Post by Pietro »

I won 2:0 and I'm awaiting my opponent for second round :twisted:

Here are replays http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 075#229075

BMintern thanks for games.