Trolls

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kossa

More Trolls!

Post by kossa »

Is this about trolls or about english guys?
Now, I would like to know why there is no female trolls. I've been looking for information about them and in mythology and they seem to be some kind of enchantress.
The dificulty may come form the caracteristics of the enchantments for this type of unit, but they could have an magic attack like slow or at the most stoning. I took that idea from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll
It could be useful to look at this page for new units.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Perhaps simply because nobody made them ?
Btw Neorice did some female troll frames, but only the standing frame.
And we don't have no female names for trolls too...
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Why do you assume trolls have genders in the first place?
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

zookeeper wrote:Why do you assume trolls have genders in the first place?
Well, if they don't, then are they some kind of golems generated by the magic of some dark mage?
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Because in common mythology, they have genders... In the settings I've seen where trolls are big and grey, the biggest difference between genders is that females are at home protecting the cave and the young, sort of like what male lions do, while the male trolls are doing what female lions do, and going hunting and fighting when they have to. This would explain why no female trolls are in the orcish army, but a unit that gave some sort of mild defensive bonus to trolls next to it might be an intriguing use for the females...
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Tux2B wrote:
zookeeper wrote:Why do you assume trolls have genders in the first place?
Well, if they don't, then are they some kind of golems generated by the magic of some dark mage?
No (if you'd ask me, anyway). They could just reproduce asexually, for example.
Elvish Vanquisher

Troll Sage

Post by Elvish Vanquisher »

How about a troll sage, i thought about this and it could be like a lv 4 troll shaman so you go troll shaman, troll spellcaster, troll shadow caster , troll sage. What do people think of this idea?
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

zookeeper wrote:
Tux2B wrote: Well, if they don't, then are they some kind of golems generated by the magic of some dark mage?
No (if you'd ask me, anyway). They could just reproduce asexually, for example.
Or perhaps Wesnoth trolls are hermaphrodites, albeit flat-breasted ones.
Elvish Vanquisher

I think we are slipping off the subject now, can we please return the subject to new troll units not troll genders! as this is far from the point and is a argument for another thread
unit12

Post by unit12 »

removed
Last edited by unit12 on May 10th, 2007, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elvish Vanquisher

I think that there is a big opening for troll mages but the problem with making a snow troll is how they fit into the troll faction like how come normal trolls found snow trolls. I like the idea of troll ulfserkers who could maybe be tortuered and given human blood to enrage them and locked in cages, then the trolls let them loose on the battlefield to devistate the enemy ranks!
kossa

Post by kossa »

Elvish Vanquisher wrote:
I think we are slipping off the subject now, can we please return the subject to new troll units not troll genders! as this is far from the point and is a argument for another thread
The idea is not to create female versions of the existing units bur to create a new unit based on specific caracteristics of female trolls.
Since they are versed :?: (correct me if this word doesn't exist) on magic, they could be the base for new magicians/mage units.
An example:

troll aprentice>troll enchantress>troll curser
troll aprentice>troll enchantress>troll stoner

This units should have low HP in comparison with other troll units, around 30-35 HP.
Another possibility is to have cave trolls and forrest trolls. An argument against this last one is the existence of elves that are masters of forrests. But as argument for, the trolls are an ancient race so they may have mastered the art of become unseen, and so, become weaker than they cousins from caves but smarter than them.
Se é chato kossa / Se kossa faz ferida / Se faz ferida doi / Se doi vai ao médico / Se vai ao médico tem de pagar / Se tem de pagar é chato...
Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

kossa wrote:versed :?: (correct me if this word doesn't exist) on magic
Versed "in", not "on", is the expression, but the word does indeed exist.
Chosen to be: Avatar of the God of Vengeance

Duty-bound to be: Last chance for the oppressed non-humans of the world

Accidentally became: Co-founder of the Council of Linac Mux

Self-nominated (pending election): Forum SUPERMOD!
Elvish Vanquisher

i like the female troll idea now thanks!
kossa

Reply to previous messages

Post by kossa »

Thanks for the correction Ultimatum479.
For Elvish Vanquisher. Well, I just was clarifying some ideas and not criticizing anyone.
Se é chato kossa / Se kossa faz ferida / Se faz ferida doi / Se doi vai ao médico / Se vai ao médico tem de pagar / Se tem de pagar é chato...